Sonic Electronix

I use a Hydraulic Crimper, it works great and is fast but also costs more in the beginning for the tool, anywhere from 60-200dollars

Here is a hydraulic crimp cut in half

formed.jpg

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I use a Hydraulic Crimper, it works great and is fast but also costs more in the beginning for the tool, anywhere from 60-200dollars

Here is a hydraulic crimp cut in half

formed.jpg

HOLY CRIMP BATMAN

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I solder all my connections no matter the size. I have never had an issue.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

solder has a few different advantages that crimping wont have. usually when you solder if you do it right you will have better looking terminals than if you just crimp. another thing would be that solder would be more secure or for the best of both worlds crimp it then solder it. lastly if you solder it you would probably have a Better connection because the strands of wire will soak up some of the solder and better connect to each other and then you also have the solder at the end to help transfer some of the current ( not 100% sure of it though). like the others said use good pure silver solder

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I crimp everything.

I see it as solder is just adding another layer of resistance, since the solder used is usually not as conductive as copper.

I crimp everything.

I see it as solder is just adding another layer of resistance, since the solder used is usually not as conductive as copper.

i didnt think of that. (not car audio related)i know when my dad was a foreman for the power company,when they would have to build jumpers for lines and stuff like that they would crimp. but that was only because it wasn't viable or time efficient to stop and solder every connection. but im also not sure if you can solder aluminum wires. do they even make a copper solder? seeing as they make tin and silver solder

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

With my 8awg and up I never crimp and fill the terminal full of solder instead. But any smaller I crimp and soak as much solder in the terminal that I can after its crimped.

i have tried that before but you are really just wasting solder. might as well crimp it to take up some space. i just give it a twist in the vice just to squeeze it some.

i have not tried using my silver solder with the torch but i tried with an iron and i hated it. wouldnt flow at all.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Good crimp > solder

:drink40:

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400