DC Sound Lab

Damn Those are only rated at 300rms ? Gtfo those look beefy ad sexy !!!

Lol...that's what i was thinkin

nice subs, cant say im too sure about the spacing between the motors and the basket though......

and whats your reasoning? thats gonna help A LOT with cooling

also those things are BEASTS!!! i like the dust cover

i want to upgrade my girls but she said she likes the little bubble (dustcap) on the front so shes keeping the older style. also those spacers look like little baby neos...if Rusty ever comes out with baby neo 8 inch drivers im sorry...shes switching over haha

Meh about the spacers also.

Other than that I like the new over the old.

Why meh? Just curious? IA has been using the same set-up...works great

the spacers make it look even more beast than it already is

Agreed

thats the coolest video lol, i need to learn how to do more on the computer then just read stuff

Thanks bro....REALLY easy stuff...lol

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

nice subs, cant say im too sure about the spacing between the motors and the basket though......

my reasoning is quite simple actually.......

to start, i understand the cooling benefits of the spacers, and i agree it will be great for cooling. this is where i start to have a problem though.....i am in the cnc maching, fabrication, manufacturing, and product development business. looking at it from a structural integrity point of view i am kinda worried. subwoofer baskets arent really made out of very strong material, and the heads on the screws used in most subs arent very big. i understand that those subs have the same number of screws, and the same size screws as most other woofers on the market. but with the contact point being so small (ie those tiny little spacers) i would be worried about hitting any sort of bump bigger than the reflectors on the road. even though you have the same number of fasteners, more contact surface would increase the structural integrity ALOT!

its easier to drive a small nail than it is to drive a big nail..........

My IA Death Penalty 21" had about the same size spacers.....56lb motor...BIG woofa.....not a single issue.....

My POS Bass machine-

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

my reasoning is quite simple actually.......

to start, i understand the cooling benefits of the spacers, and i agree it will be great for cooling. this is where i start to have a problem though.....i am in the cnc maching, fabrication, manufacturing, and product development business. looking at it from a structural integrity point of view i am kinda worried. subwoofer baskets arent really made out of very strong material, and the heads on the screws used in most subs arent very big. i understand that those subs have the same number of screws, and the same size screws as most other woofers on the market. but with the contact point being so small (ie those tiny little spacers) i would be worried about hitting any sort of bump bigger than the reflectors on the road. even though you have the same number of fasteners, more contact surface would increase the structural integrity ALOT!

its easier to drive a small nail than it is to drive a big nail..........

My IA Death Penalty 21" had about the same size spacers.....56lb motor...BIG woofa.....not a single issue.....

and of the DP's ive reconed ive noticed the basket are made of some awfully thick material too........

Yeah.....because if Pyle uses the same ones they have to be high quality :lol:

My POS Bass machine-

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Lol my perspective as a senior in Mechanical Engineering is if you're so worried about an evenly distributed load with a tiny spacer like that only holding up 18-20 lbs, how the F**K do you think they are attaching motors to the Level 6's? If a bump in the road would destroy that basket, then everybody better hold their breath around an XL or anything heavier, otherwise it'll probably just crumble into dust lol.

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon

Lol my perspective as a senior in Mechanical Engineering is if you're so worried about an evenly distributed load with a tiny spacer like that only holding up 18-20 lbs, how the F**K do you think they are attaching motors to the Level 6's? If a bump in the road would destroy that basket, then everybody better hold their breath around an XL or anything heavier, otherwise it'll probably just crumble into dust lol.

Lulz!

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

I have a comment, but I dont want to start a flame war, but I can promise if another subwoofer company released a 8 like that... they wouldnt have these issues with it........

but im positive rusty wouldnt release a crappy product that is easily broken.... he would loose money on that.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

honestly..its not worth it Derrick

matta o fact...Twisted...sorry your thread turned this way...

clean as you feel needed bro

seeing more and more pics and a closer look makes me want one more and more just for testing and for shits and giggles

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I have one question ....in the space between the basket and magnet ..at the spacers their is nothing to keep debris from getting in the coil gap ......like thier is between the basket and spiders.....it that not an issue of concern?....I know Rusty probably thought of that .......but I could use enlightenment....

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

YO twisted hurry up and install these monsters we want sum vids!!!! Maybe a video of the new family members?!

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe