Is this wire worth it?

Can you explain this a little more?

Are you saying buying cca is better then pure copper?

No OFC is better then CCA.

But since you will have over 370amp of current i would do atleast 2/0 guage welding wire.

That can handle the load easier.

A single run of 0 guage can get warmer and increase resistance and go up in fire... Better to be safe then sorry when doing a long run.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

go with the monster over knu. i am switching out all my knu soon. i think knu is garbage wire after installing it i will never buy it again. i guess im just use to my old stinger wire which was all copper and no bullshit

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

No OFC is better then CCA.

But since you will have over 370amp of current i would do atleast 2/0 guage welding wire.

That can handle the load easier.

A single run of 0 guage can get warmer and increase resistance and go up in fire... Better to be safe then sorry when doing a long run.

By 2/0 you mean two runs of 0 gauge, right? So, one run per amp or what?

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

168154_1637302570684_1180320105_31460919_7260189_n.jpg

top left - tsunami competition series

top right - kicker hyperflex

bottom left - db link elite soft touch

bottom rigt - 1/0 welding - actually the same stuff 7jezuz7 was looking at.

can get it 10 dollars cheaper and pre-terminated at the ends

1/0 welding

i've used the monster stuff as well and have to say it is a pain in the ass to work with and i will never use it again. the welding wire is very flexible even in the cold

164763_1636271824916_1180320105_31459732_2595814_n.jpg

this was after sitting in 25 degree weather for a while.

*sorry the fist pics kinda crappy, i just grabbed what i had laying around, didn't bother cutting everything again.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

I would get it man....Im switching over to that wire from Knu KLMX....and if anyone asks why I would....

280muyb.jpg

2n86hjb.jpg

*pics were posted on CACO by iamsonic*

Was that picture supposed to answer why you'd switch to Monster 400 series from KLMX wire? I don't get it :shrug: ..........I've been considering that Monster 400 series too, the price is unbeatable. Decisions, decisions. :trippy:

no it was supposed to give a reference as to why Im going with the monster cable compared to the other 2 in the picture...I just mentioned KLMX cuz thats what I have now :pardon:

mainly cuz I hear really good things about the shok competition and the other is welding cable so if I can get that monster cheaper than the other 2, thats what Im gonna do.

and pirate, why was it such a pain? just flexibility? cuz Im not really concerned about that

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

the outer cable is stiff and hard to cut, it basically turns into one big stick if it gets cold and the stupid plastic shit makes it harder to fit into terminals. mainly the flexibility, it's not too terrible when it's warm or heated up but as soon as it gets cold it's a complete pain in the ass. not worth the money in my opinion.

*edit

watch the bass - i really doubt that's good wire. says cca in the description, probably under sized as well.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

My .02, kicker hyperflex ofc 1/0 is awesome and a 50ft spool is $180~ shipped, I can't complain

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

the outer cable is stiff and hard to cut, it basically turns into one big stick if it gets cold and the stupid plastic shit makes it harder to fit into terminals. mainly the flexibility, it's not too terrible when it's warm or heated up but as soon as it gets cold it's a complete pain in the ass. not worth the money in my opinion.

*edit

watch the bass - i really doubt that's good wire. says cca in the description, probably under sized as well.

thanks for the info man...definitely worth a second look around for me then...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

*edit

Yep, could be, is not so easy to understand all the shortforms, when your mainlanguage isn´t english.

Same shop with flexible jacket, Link

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived