help me get a second alt in here

06 buick rendezvous 3.5l

i talked to you on SSA. you told me you would design me a bracket within a few months... about 5 months ago lol.

It has been four months :( I thought I'd have one, but I'm still busy as hell! Actually should have one for the 3.6 that MAY fit, but regardless I applaud you doing it yourself!

How much room is there between the block and the firewall- I can't tell from the pics you posted. The internet pic of an engine looks just like the 3.6 though.

I skimmed the thread so I hope I'm not repeating info, but pick up idler pulley: Gates 38006, and a belt- either K061140HD or K061080HD - the Gates HD belts are the best and one of those #'s should be usable for you - the 114 is 114.5" and the 108 is 108.75". You'll need a bushing to space the idler pulley - you can pull one from a used idler pulley in a scrap yard on any late 90' + chevy full size truck- fitting a 10mm or 12mm bolt depending on vehicle. Or let me know and I have some I could send one over to you. You could also buy the 4-pin harness chopped off the same vehicle- or I have some I'd be happy to shoot one over.

Best luck, I don't check back too often when I'm working be feel free to email me any time if I can help.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

well i dont have your email and i tried to pm you with no luck.

the 3.6 has the alt at the front of the engine. 3.5 has it on the back.

the alt almost touches the firewall. i cant see back there to say exactly but the top motor mounts have to be unbolted and the engine is pulled forward so that you can get to the bolts for the alt.

the gates 38006 pulley, is that the smallest pulley? i either need to cram 2 pulleys in this spot, next to the alt, or try to go another way. in fact, its so hard to see back there it might be too hard to even do that. but if i go another way i will need a pretty damn big belt. if they make them that long lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

whats the engine size? i dont think 2 alts would run well on a 4 cylinder, 6cylinder would be okay i think thow

:facepalm:

Please, do explain why dual alt's "won't run well" on a 4 cylinder.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

whats the engine size? i dont think 2 alts would run well on a 4 cylinder, 6cylinder would be okay i think thow

He's acting like it will stall out the motor..

I would assume 2 H/O would put a strain on a 4cylinder at idle but would be perfectly fine.

Damnnnnn jason I think it would be easier to just pick up a civic hatch and pull the AC for two big alts and use it as your project car. This looks like a SERIOUS pain in the ass.

Side note- I'm running dual alts on a 4cyl and it is fine. Hannah has 60A more than me with one alt on a 4cyl and it runs fine as well. The only time I have seen a noticeable difference is pushing 3+ 300A alts at idle.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

the alt almost touches the firewall. i cant see back there to say exactly but the top motor mounts have to be unbolted and the engine is pulled forward so that you can get to the bolts for the alt.

the gates 38006 pulley, is that the smallest pulley? i either need to cram 2 pulleys in this spot, next to the alt, or try to go another way. in fact, its so hard to see back there it might be too hard to even do that. but if i go another way i will need a pretty damn big belt. if they make them that long lol.

His email is [email protected] and the longest belt they make is on my truck, it is a gates HD and is 136 1/8 inch so I doubt you will need one that damn long. LOL

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

and i already said its a 3.5l. and posted pics of the engine. so it was a pointless question and an incorrect statement lol.

Damnnnnn jason I think it would be easier to just pick up a civic hatch and pull the AC for two big alts and use it as your project car. This looks like a SERIOUS pain in the ass.

Side note- I'm running dual alts on a 4cyl and it is fine. Hannah has 60A more than me with one alt on a 4cyl and it runs fine as well. The only time I have seen a noticeable difference is pushing 3+ 300A alts at idle.

-Drew

what ISN'T a pain in the ass on my car? <_<

i think i can make a plan to make this work. but ya, there is so little space to work with... :suicide-santa:

His email is [email protected] and the longest belt they make is on my truck, it is a gates HD and is 136 1/8 inch so I doubt you will need one that damn long. LOL

thank you. to measure length can i just use a string and wrap it around everything? or just measure the distance of the new route and add it to the current length?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

What I would do is use tape around all the pulleys, like green body masking tape, but the string thing will work just be big enough around that it does fall into the grooves of the pulleys or your number will be off.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

^ Funny you said that, first time I did an a/c removal we measured with thin twine. Got to the auto store right when they closed and bought the belt. Went home and couldn't figure out why the belt size was off, kept saying " that guy at the store is a dumbass for giving us the wrong belt" ha ha.

/thread jak.

Archived