Lumpydonut Posted January 30, 2011 Report Posted January 30, 2011 I am wondering which one would be best for me, comparing price v power. I will be running a T1500BDCP and a T400.4. I hear almost nothing but great things about XS Power, I hear a little about Kinetik and it's mostly good, and all I seem to hear is bad about optima. My only problem is I work at Autozone and get 20% off and we sell Optima so would it really be worth the $230+ for XS Power or Kinetik, or would $150 optima be good for what I am needing. I am also investing in a HO alt but I still want to upgrade my starting battery and will probably throw another in the back just for good measure. 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Pioneer DEH5100-UB 2 - P1S412 4 - Alpine SRS-600 Alpine MRP-M500 Monster 8g power/ground-1/0 Big 3 Soon to come: 2 - T1D212 RF T1500.1bdCP RF T500.4bd Mechman 220 amp alt Kinetik KHC1800 Hit me up if you need help with anything in the Tulsa Area.
dwright27 Posted January 30, 2011 Report Posted January 30, 2011 Kinetik uses recycled lead, XS Power uses all new lead which is why they're so expensive. Optimas discharge rate is to quick iirc ( could be wrong ) 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
97SSBlazer Posted January 30, 2011 Report Posted January 30, 2011 I have ran Optimas in all my cars, and never had an issue. My blazer had 2 Optimas, I had 2 T1500-1bdCP's and one T600-4 with no issues. I had a GM 140 amp alt with a XS VCM @ 15.3 volts. I ran like this all last season. I choose Optima because I wanted a warranty and I get a sweet deal on them. lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz. -= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash Subs: 2 T1 12's Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:) 2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/ 2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/
MREYNA Posted January 30, 2011 Report Posted January 30, 2011 Xs power all the way ! 94 GMC ext cab 4 12" big bang 2 big bang2400.1 Mids & highs comin' soon
memphisBred Posted January 30, 2011 Report Posted January 30, 2011 There's always screw ups and product failure in manufacturing. That goes for all 3. Good and bad experiences. With my experience and from reading this forum Xs has a better ratio of good results vs bad results compared to the other two. SMD Super Seller/Buyer Audison----Hertz----Rainbow
Emoxihax Posted January 30, 2011 Report Posted January 30, 2011 my optima yellow top up front and my xs power d925 works great together 2004 Volkswagen GLI 1 10" Skar VVX ^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^
dereileak Posted January 30, 2011 Report Posted January 30, 2011 xs power for sure, even if they cost more, the fact is you get what you pay for, xs has good quality batteries, long lasting, and good service. Even though duds can happen, thats apart of any manufacturing. Ever since I got my 2 xs power cells, 1 d3100 and 1 d3400, I no longer have voltage drops, running 3000 watts on a stock alternator 130 amp, they are doing great 2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd ManualPioneer 4300DVD2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub AmpKicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)Kicker KQ3 Active CrossoverKicker KQ30 EqualizerKicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -) 1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -) 300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker WireXS Power D3400 (Rear)XS Power D3100 (Front)Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)
Lumpydonut Posted February 1, 2011 Author Report Posted February 1, 2011 Ok so if I go for the optima should I do two yellow tops or a red under hood an a yellow in back? And is it true you shouldn't mix like a regular duralast under hood and an AGM in back? 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Pioneer DEH5100-UB 2 - P1S412 4 - Alpine SRS-600 Alpine MRP-M500 Monster 8g power/ground-1/0 Big 3 Soon to come: 2 - T1D212 RF T1500.1bdCP RF T500.4bd Mechman 220 amp alt Kinetik KHC1800 Hit me up if you need help with anything in the Tulsa Area.
ingramcaraudio Posted February 1, 2011 Report Posted February 1, 2011 Don't mix agm with non agm with a isolator. If you went with the optimas the way you said it was correct. But I've used kinetik and never had any problems you can also try stinger or shuriken. They are at a good price and I've never had one come back since I've been selling them. Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Farmville-VA/Rockwell-Audio/103036213076623?ref=ts
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.