Sonic Electronix

I don't want to bash any company! Although I doubt anyone would listen to a SMD noob! But I figure I will for sure be goin with DC Power or Mechman now. Which was my initial thought, but like I said this guy was telling me his 240 amp alt did 230 or some shit at idle so that caught my eye and figured I'd give them a call. I like the warranty, I like that I can talk to the guy who makes the alts but I hate the thought of paying $700+ for an alt that I would have to make brackets for to fit!

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

wow...what a retard...he really said that?

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Most people can't hear a difference in volume change unless it gets to/or exceeds a 3db change. Now while this is a big difference to those who have witnessed it...keep in mind... if your vehicle is pulling 135db @ db drag... you (under perfect conditions) would gain 3db by doubling your power. So for however much the amp and wiring costs you, you've moved from 135 to 138db...the question is...is ONLY a 3db gain worth the time and money? VS say...a better box? A better design? A better woofer could make the same difference given efficiency ratings...

All about how you want to go about it.

Side note: with regards to doubling overall output...for those who don't recall....you must multiply your original power by x10. so 500w...turns into 5000w in order to double the output.

(Keep in mind these calculations are based in a perfect world; other things will play into this)

A very very basic rule of car audio is: double the cone area gain 3dbs. Double the power gain 3dbs. That's a very generic idea but usually very true depending on the situation and actual power. But at the least to the ear another 4k will sound twice as loud toyou.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Most people can't hear a difference in volume change unless it gets to/or exceeds a 3db change. Now while this is a big difference to those who have witnessed it...keep in mind... if your vehicle is pulling 135db @ db drag... you (under perfect conditions) would gain 3db by doubling your power. So for however much the amp and wiring costs you, you've moved from 135 to 138db...the question is...is ONLY a 3db gain worth the time and money? VS say...a better box? A better design? A better woofer could make the same difference given efficiency ratings...

Side note: with regards to doubling overall output...for those who don't recall....you must multiply your original power by x10. so 500w...turns into 5000w in order to double the output.

(Keep in mind these calculations are based in a perfect world; other things will play into this)

WHAT???? :ehh:

are you talking about gaining 10db to be perceived as twice as loud to the listener?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

WHAT???? :ehh:

are you talking about gaining 10db to be perceived as twice as loud to the listener?

correct, at least that's how i took that post

Edited by Torres

what years your cherokee? and lol @ the guy telling you his alt did 230 @ idle on a 240 lmfao

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Did everybody miss the original point here? If he adds a second amp to his 1 amp/2 sub setup, chances are, he will hear very little difference in reproduction.

Load distribution will be better across two amps and it will be more efficient, but he'll be halving the load (doubling impedance) on each amp yielding half the power from each.

I'm assuming you're using D1s. So unless you're planning on running @ .5, you won't have a big difference.

Or did I miss an important part of the story here?

Torres: if you caught my comment that I quickly deleted, it's because I read the responses wrong lol

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Did everybody miss the original point here? If he adds a second amp to his 1 amp/2 sub setup, chances are, he will hear very little difference in reproduction.

Load distribution will be better across two amps and it will be more efficient, but he'll be halving the load (doubling impedance) on each amp yielding half the power from each.

I'm assuming you're using D1s. So unless you're planning on running @ .5, you won't have a big difference.

Or did I miss an important part of the story here?

Torres: if you caught my comment that I quickly deleted, it's because I read the responses wrong lol

i didn't, you're a quicker ninja than me lol. i didn't even catch him halving the ohm load tho. good thing to point out. unless he plans on changing subs or something. i did come back in here tho to double check the responses myself hahaha. i was sitting here like wait a minute...did i read that right? hahaha