Second Skin Audio

Box for my blowthrough

Smoove

This is my first google sketch attempt so be nice. The Torres cut sheet measurements are the actual box volume I plan to use for the rear part of the box. The front part of the box becomes an access area that extends in to the cab (it is not a bandpass chamber). The opening into the cab is 40"x12". The box will be covered with sprayon bed liner with no tonneau cover (thats why access to the subs will be reached from inside the truck).

So it will be 3 D2 custom built 12s based on the SS T4 motor. about 1400wrms each

They will be wired to 1.34 on a T20001BD

6.2 cubes tuned to 35hz with 2 6" flare ports 13"

boxdeminsions.jpg

Blowthrough3dbox-3.jpg

Blowthrough3dbox-2.jpg

Blowthrough3dbox-1.jpg

Blowthrough3dbox.jpg

I will try to get my google sketch a little more exact. But what I have gives you the idea of what I am planning.

• 5 weeks later...

Not tryin to be a dick or anything, im just tryin to learn, why would that box not be considered a bandpass?

Internal and external ports ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

From what I have come to understand, for it to be bandpass I need to tune the external port. I may be wrong, if I am I have learned something new.

Just an observation, but this is a little something I noticed. Your measurement of 17.5" of that internal airspace, subtract .75 for wood and that is 16.75". OK that number being established, you've got the ports reaching back at 13 inches right? This only leaves 3.75" from the back wall. I know it's not ALWAYS necessary, but it may choke those ports out(especially since there are only 2) to only have 3.75" from the back wall. That is just my two cents :) Looking good on the sketch though for sure. Keep it up!

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I didn't look at the length that close. I could make the box an 1" deeper or shorten the port to 12" and still be in range for the volume I want and tuning.

I didn't look at the length that close. I could make the box an 1" deeper or shorten the port to 12" and still be in range for the volume I want and tuning.

Not necessary, the ports can be run a couple of inches outside the rear chamber, instead of reducing their length.

Archived