All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello! I have an 04 Tahoe with 2 15” American bass XFL. I had a 6k mono power acoustik amp and the battery terminal melted so that’s done for... what Is a good amp to run with the XFLs? I am currently looking at a hifonics zues 3200.1 would that be good? Trying to stay in the 200$ range for a decent amp to bang these subs! Thanks!
  3. Cleaned up the garage and put some equipment in the closet to keep them clean & safe.
  4. Today
  5. Was in Des Moines (pronounced da moine for you heathens). Was leaving to come home and a friken monsoon came through. Going to say 03' corollas with a ton of gear in the truck will hydro plane like a bitch in heavy rain. It was quite literally terrifying. going 45 mph up a hill on the highway and the front tires start spinning and pullling you towards the shoulder is not fun. Seemed like everyone else was having trouble too. cars all going between 40-50 and i could see giant rooster tails coming off peoples tires who got in the wrong bit of the lane they were in. We were all driving right along the center line to prevent a boating accident.
  6. Working all the time. lol. Gonna be at a couple more wi shows this year with it. There should be one in eauclaire which should be closer your way.
  7. Yesterday
  8. I need a box design for a single dc level 4 18 dual 2. Max dimensions width 40 height 25 depth 18. Looking for a tuning of 32hz. Input power 1500 watts 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
  9. 416 looks dope. Let me know what you think. The rmr for the p10f came today. Cz Custom plate and it's on, and the DPP back on the sp01 where it belongs.
  10. Looking to see if anyone has a S1-1250 before i buy one new. Thank you
  11. http://imgur.com/hfUEhjrhfUEhjr This is what going on there with the p1000x1. It's a punch hx2, recoiled to 1000 RMS. Double tinsel leads. Old cone used. Built by Pat Chandler at robot underground. The t1500 will be on a set of American bass xfl12 s in my escape
  12. I picked them up last night. I should have them installed tomorow or Monday hopefully
  13. Yup. Thats my plan. Another Soundqubed s1-1250. Going to try strapped and gain matched. Going to pick up a 200amp alternator also off the P71/cop car vic. Going to compete for the first time next month!
  14. https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/139844-how-to-eld-bypass-for-honda-civicaccordfit/
  15. This time the JY Power crew makes it out safely to the CES show. Very cool design on how they use the cabin of the jeep as part of the box. May not be a lot of power but man did this setup sound great. They have different equipment now but this was awesome to watch and hear! Who says Kicker doesn't sound good ? Probably one of my shortest uploads ever but it was worth the share. Their ride consists of 3 Kicker Solo X 18s 2 Kicker 2400s @ .67ohms 2 JY Lithium 80 amp batteries 2 door jeep Canon Rebel T3i Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 lens Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 lens Canon 50mm 1.8 Edited with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THE MUSIC USED IN THIS VIDEO ALL RIGHTS RESERVED FOR THE ARTISTS The links to my social medias are below. https://www.facebook.com/luke.schaller https://soundcloud.com/rallybass88 http://instagram.com/schallerphotography
  16. Hey all, So I'm wanting to put a 1K RMS system in my car nothing too crazy , however I have a slight concern before moving forward. I've been reading that the newer gen civics such as mine have this thing called an ELD (Electrical Load Detector), and basically it regulates the output of the alternator to the car depending on what is turned on in the car. Since all aftermarket electrical feeds are pretty much tapped off of the positive terminal of the battery, the current path is not flowing through the ELD. What does this do? All of the amplifiers, LCD monitors, and pretty much anything else that isn't fed through the factory wiring of the car draw a lot of current. Since the ELD isn't detecting any additional current draw from the battery, it is going to keep the alternator's output at minimum (12.3 volts) - just enough to keep the battery charged, plus enough to run the stock components of the car. I don't think I have a system I'm gonna bump that's running off 12.3 volts. I would like to see if there's any other newer gen civic owners in here with a system that have had any issues or possibly have found a way to trick/bypass the ELD and run the alternator so that it outputs at 14 volts. I'm possibly thinking of having a second battery in the back as well but just wanna know if this will be too much for the electrical of the vehicle. It's my daily driver so I don't wanna damage shit haha. Thanks a bunch fellas EDIT: I've just read that the alt ups the voltage to 14.4 when you turn on the headlights of the car. Lol does this mean I need to have my lights on when I bump it? haha
  17. Most definitely. I found out what was wrong with the other sub. There is a plastic cover on the voice coil. Extra glue got on the cap and started coming off behind the dust cap. It didnt make any sound the first day. The second day it sounded like rocks behind the dust cap. I just knew it was something behind it. I was able to get the dust cap removed and sure enough dried glue (actually looks like glass). I just glued the dust cap back on, so i should be good.
  18. Thank you. I had a system like 10 years ago in a prefab. It was all sony xplode lol. This is the first time ive done it right. Im going to enter at Sundown Audio 2019, so i have some work to do. Its next month
  19. at the risk of looking like a huge dumbass, I've used my SketchUp skills (or extreme lack thereof) to kind of draw this up... I couldn't understand how the port was supposed to be built so I did a little bit of editing. I upped the port height just a little bit, tightened the width, and cut an inch off length... that added a little bit to my net volume and dropped the tuning down to 31Hz not accounting for 45's and bracing. Hopefully that is going to bring it up to 32-33Hz range? This is how I should be looking, correct? Baffle will be have a hole cut in it to sit over the port (i did take into account the extra 1.5" of port length when building it in SketchUp :D)... Here's how my Torres is looking now. I just want to make absolutely sure I've got all of this looking tip top and have all my measurements fully planned before I start sawing wood. Thanks again guys.
  20. It may be a week or so before I get to it, but I'll come through with one
  1. Load more activity

SMD Chat Room

SMD Chat Room

Please enter your display name