Second Skin Audio

why do people put so many speaker's or sub's

pittross

again, its a penis size issue...and 150 is damn impressive for an 8, burp or otherwise

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Because it just looks fucking awesome.

Numbers are just numbers. A 150 with one 12 at like 40-50 hz isn't the same as 20 10s doing 150 at 25hz. Until you sit in different cars with different setups it's hard to grasp from watching a video or a pic of a number.

1 12'' doing 150 at 20hz is the same as 20 10's doing 150 at 20hz though :drinks:

i dont know if there is a subwoofer that can withstand (mechanically and thermally) the amount of power it would require to produce 150 @ 20hz. but thats just me, it just doesnt add up in my head.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

I think a 12 could handle it. Not nuthugging just going from what I have ACTUALLY ran being DC. My 12" XL loves 25-26hz and I'm tuned at 34. If I tuned lower with a level 5 and the right power I think it could come close. Its just that you lose so much of the 35-40hz bass doing so. I posted I did a 140.x which doesn't sound like shit on here but everyone who has heard it in person loves it when a 35-25hz sweep goes through and just gets louder and louder the lower it gets and makes love to your ears. Everything is doable its just a lot of people don't try to do it.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

And by me saying that, I didn't mention it ALL has to do with the car and its cabin peak. My car actually peaks in the low 30s so it loves being louder at that frequency range where as if I tuned to say 40hz or so it really wouldn't do anything beneficial for numbers that much. Its all about the car and the box. The equipment just keeps the noise going.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

again, its a penis size issue...and 150 is damn impressive for an 8, burp or otherwise

smh

less subs and higher numbers is impressive period.

but i would wayy rather have 4 18s doing the same number as 2 18s, the 4 would be louder to ear and move more air.

i like that feeling of bass hurting your ears and caving in your chest, it may just be me but when i look at a car that has 20 12s i get more excited then seeing a car with 2

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

I did a 58 with 16 12's and with 4 15's

Same power, the 15's do it about 4hz lower.

All feel the same to me.

And didn't need to buy 16 woofers, or build a 32cuft wall.

I'll take less subs any day.

My 2 15's doing mid 54's feels just like every other 54 car vie been in, that does it at that freq.

My 2 12's doin 53's feels just like every other 53 suv.

When you get into lots of cone area, usually what happens is it will be louder over a broader range.

Where as my 2 12's are really only a 53 at about a 7hz range.

If it where something like 4 15's doin a 53 ... It should be a 50 plus for about a 15 hz range.

Hope that made sense

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

i think thats something people are not thinking about....the frequency. a setup doing 155 at 45hz is nothing like a setup doing a 155 at 30hz.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I did a 58 with 16 12's and with 4 15's

Same power, the 15's do it about 4hz lower.

All feel the same to me.

And didn't need to buy 16 woofers, or build a 32cuft wall.

I'll take less subs any day.

My 2 15's doing mid 54's feels just like every other 54 car vie been in, that does it at that freq.

My 2 12's doin 53's feels just like every other 53 suv.

When you get into lots of cone area, usually what happens is it will be louder over a broader range.

Where as my 2 12's are really only a 53 at about a 7hz range.

If it where something like 4 15's doin a 53 ... It should be a 50 plus for about a 15 hz range.

Hope that made sense

Maybe this relates to my previous post. LoL

Archived