Sundown Audio

AQ 2200 vs?

DannyV18

Actually I can get Sundown cheaper than AQ. So I don't see how they are that expensive?

if YOU can get sundown cheaper than AQ, then that doesn't mean everyone can...still making them expensive. unless you just know where to buy them from that the average joe can buy from but just doesn't know about, then :werd_msword:

great amps! i love aq! i ran it dialy at .25 ohm pushing a lvl4 xl 15 with no problems at all.. never even got warm with gain at like 3/4 and fantastic customer service. i stand behind them all the way!

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

Actually I can get Sundown cheaper than AQ. So I don't see how they are that expensive?

if YOU can get sundown cheaper than AQ, then that doesn't mean everyone can...still making them expensive. unless you just know where to buy them from that the average joe can buy from but just doesn't know about, then :werd_msword:

exactly

and im sure if some one could side deal from the owner, they could get the prices even lower with the AQ...

but no one ever mentions that... because sundown is the end all best of the best

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Who said I side dealed with the owner?

Maybe the shop I work/help out at is a Sundown dealer?

Point is, one is direct, one is dealer.

Its hard to compare prices. Now if you cut out the dealer, prices would be similar I assume.

Take Crescendo, the 3kw was the Same as other amps yet cheaper. Simply cause of direct sales. The company still makes the same amount of money off each.

but difference with new Sundown amps is, its not standard off OEM designs anybody can use.

Same thing with most big companies. You don't have to worry about getting undercut, or somebody using cheaper components, than inturn tarnishes the reputation of the board design.

That might not be important, but Sundown had everything designed to fit their customer needs.

Its hard to compare prices. Now if you cut out the dealer, prices would be similar I assume.

Take Crescendo, the 3kw was the Same as other amps yet cheaper. Simply cause of direct sales. The company still makes the same amount of money off each.

but difference with new Sundown amps is, its not standard off OEM designs anybody can use.

Same thing with most big companies. You don't have to worry about getting undercut, or somebody using cheaper components, than inturn tarnishes the reputation of the board design.

That might not be important, but Sundown had everything designed to fit their customer needs.

but I can argue that if AQ ever went to dealer, and if I paid dealer price with them, they would still be cheaper than sundown.....

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

but I can argue that if AQ ever went to dealer, and if I paid dealer price with them, they would still be cheaper than sundown.....

How can you argue that? Its not like its going to happen.

And Dealt* my bad.

How can you argue that? Its not like its going to happen.

And Dealt* my bad.

because at 1 point... sundown was internet based only, then they went to dealers as well... I dont see why it couldnt happen with AQ...

so technically, if they ever do, the dealer price is still cheaper than the dealer price for sundown...

Team DC Audio

lol, AQ are already at direct prices. how could they get any cheaper? lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

lol, AQ are already at direct prices. how could they get any cheaper? lol

if AQ was selling them for the same price they got them for, they wouldnt make any money...

im sure if they ever went to dealer, they would be cheaper than they already are

Team DC Audio

Archived