Second Skin Audio

24kW Hexagon Duodecuple 12

zZZzzzSnooze

that looks fucking bad ass

what do you use to sketch up the drawings? looks soooo good!

also id go down to 12hz. home theater is soooo much better when you have crazy lows. either way this is going to be insane

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Home theater tuned to 26hz will be like Decaf tuned to 60hz. It just won't sound as good as it's intended to.

lol should be sigged

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Duodecuple

Du`o*dec"u*ple\, a. [L. duo two + ? decuple.] Consisting of twelves

From Dictionary.com

Couldn't have just said "I put 12 subs in a giant-ass box" and called it a day?

And I am definitely feeling there's gotta be a better way to integrate 12 subs into a "home theater" setup like the one you're designing here. I'm in complete agreement with the idea of an IB setup or a big ass box tuned stupid low. Home theater tuned to 26hz will be like Decaf tuned to 60hz. It just won't sound as good as it's intended to, especially with the equipment you'll be running.

Lol, it's actually a real word.

Yeah, exactly, like you say, it's like Alan Dante using his car to play chopped and screwed stuff. This guy is going to have massive problems with the lows from explosions/helicopters/earthquakes/whatever with such a high tuning. I see some bottoming out happening if the tuning isn't changed.

I also want to know why he thinks he is going to use 24k, and where the hell he is meant to get it from? Is he going to have a personal generator out the back of his house for when he turns this on, or does he have shares in the power company or something. Because that's a massive stack of pro audio amps.

Anyway, I don't think we should worry too much, unless this guy is going to pull a Trippi and surprise us, not many have enough money to do something that big.

that looks fucking bad ass

what do you use to sketch up the drawings? looks soooo good!

also id go down to 12hz. home theater is soooo much better when you have crazy lows. either way this is going to be insane

Looks like google sketchup.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

It can be done... Just have a few words with Dave the Box Guy, Then the subwoofer enclosure will be sent in a crate. it will be $2,000 on shipping alone i bet! I can get the power to the amps just by having 6 Plugs with there own 20A circuit breaker & 10 Gauge in-wall wiring. The IPR amps output more Watts to the subwoofer then the power that comes from the wall so it will not be as hard as you think.

I can change the tuning from 26 to 12Hz or 16.5hz on the plan. Maybe from 12" to 18" subwoofers too.

Subwoofers would be like C$6,000

Amps would be like C$4,300

It would just cost $14,300 total.

Wait! in-wall wiring too...

$17,300 That's all... just 18 G's... Just for the subwoofers! Maybe I would need a 2nd power line going to the house? Then I can have 2 of these 24kW Hexagon Duodecuple 18's. I want to keep the Hexagon look, I like it. Mite need a forklift too & 6 helpers. So $50,000 should do it. not cheap for that 2nd power line going to the house.

See? Not that hard to make this in to Reality. For sure, I mite post a video when all is done if i find $55,000 kicking around. Mite even Get them new zCon's over the xCon's.

It can be done... Just have a few words with Dave the Box Guy, Then the subwoofer enclosure will be sent in a crate. it will be $2,000 on shipping alone i bet! I can get the power to the amps just by having 6 Plugs with there own 20A circuit breaker & 10 Gauge in-wall wiring. The IPR amps output more Watts to the subwoofer then the power that comes from the wall so it will not be as hard as you think.

I can change the tuning from 26 to 12Hz or 16.5hz on the plan. Maybe from 12" to 18" subwoofers too.

Subwoofers would be like C$6,000

Amps would be like C$4,300

It would just cost $14,300 total.

Wait! in-wall wiring too...

$17,300 That's all... just 18 G's... Just for the subwoofers! Maybe I would need a 2nd power line going to the house? Then I can have 2 of these 24kW Hexagon Duodecuple 18's. I want to keep the Hexagon look, I like it. Mite need a forklift too & 6 helpers. So $50,000 should do it. not cheap for that 2nd power line going to the house.

See? Not that hard to make this in to Reality. For sure, I mite post a video when all is done if i find $55,000 kicking around. Mite even Get them new zCon's over the xCon's.

Of course it can be done, I never said it couldn't.

But BS on the amps being more than 100% efficient, you can't get more output than the amount you input. A link to the amps anyway? I want to see this.

If you can change to 12hz tuning, then why did you even mention 26hz?

For the amount of money the box will cost you, you would be better off building a hexagonal prism like this, but hollow (maybe some bracing) and without the bottom on it. That way, you just cut a hole in the floor, and bolt it there. An IB will be so much better and cheaper than shipping a big potted box.

You also don't need that much power, 24KW in a house is too stupid, it would fuck your house up no end, not to mention help you get to know the local police and what movies/songs your neighbors hate, very, very well.

Sounds like you're one of those people with far more money than sense.

Also, it's spelt might, not mite.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

if I had 3 more 18's I could build one.. hmm.. XD

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

show me dont tell me. I told trippi the same thing and everyone else that comes on here martin luther kinging it. So far trippi is the only one to prove me wrong.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Sounds like another pipe dream to me. I mean its a cool idea, but I could post "ideas" all day long. Until you have the equipment and prove you're actually serious, I call bullshit. I'd love to have you prove me wrong though. I didn't think Trippi was serious at first and I'm glad he proved me wrong. I just see sooo many people posting their sketch-up ideas and never actually build anything.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Archived