Soapbox Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 I have read some don't like the spider AQ uses. But I can't confirm that either way. The choice to me is the weight savings. In a single sub setup you stand to save 45lbs. But in multiple setups weight savings can be enormous. This along with the use of Birch ply can add up to a lot of gas savings. And alot of weight left for adding batteries. TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO 2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2 2011 California State Champion Meca S2 2011 California State Record holder Meca S2 2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising
Amerrricuh Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 i say spend the extra money. and get the Fi (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) Kenwood KIV-700 headunit 2 18" sundown Z.v3s 13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz SAZ-3500 DC power 270amp alt JL c2 650 AP600.4 XS 1200 under the hood XS 3100 in the trunk 1/0 gauge big 3 25^2ft audio technix ^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes! anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.
SPLadd1ct Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 Neodymium for the win 2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6 2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm 15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320) 153 at 23hz
notorious97200 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 I've never run an AQ sub, but I can tell you the Fi is fantastic ! I love how it sounds in my car. I would have never imagine it could play so low (my box is tuned to 32 Hz with enough port area), and so well. It's my first "spl" sub, and I love it. I must say my SSA Xcon was a beast too ! If weight is an issue, go with the Fi for sure ! I have heared so much bad things about the AQ, not sounding good, sounding "hollow",... The only good thing I've heared about them is that they can take a lot of power. If you only listen to rap & r'nb, maybe the AQ can be good enough for you. My personnal choice is the Fi btl N2 !!! good luck black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
n8ball2013 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 are you really going to get injto the levels that the cooling will allow you to take advantage of? everyone is saying neo ftw because its the latest boner. don't get me wrong I love FI and Scott and nick but 150 bucks isnt the difference between a nickel and a quarter and its not our money. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Ford302Redneck Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 American Made vs Chinese. I'll take american. Also, really the HDC3 isn't in the same class. Its rated at what, 1500rms? Fully loaded BTL is 2500+. I'm not trying to be a "hugger", but fact is BTL is a better woofer. I can get the American Bass version of the HDC3, and almost tempted to run one cause of the cheap price. Under 200 shipped.
Guest Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 American Made vs Chinese. I'll take american. Also, really the HDC3 isn't in the same class. Its rated at what, 1500rms? Fully loaded BTL is 2500+. I'm not trying to be a "hugger", but fact is BTL is a better woofer. I can get the American Bass version of the HDC3, and almost tempted to run one cause of the cheap price. Under 200 shipped. Hdc3 can handle 2k fine. I'm not planning on running more then that. What ab are you talking about now.I looked at their line up and they are pricey. Plus I can't find them anywhere and thank you nate. So youre saying that the fi technology isn't worth the extra 150? I'll be glad to hear that since that is a whole paycheck
Ford302Redneck Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 This is at my local dealer, I get it at dealer pricing. Its the AB XFL. Almost exact same as AQ. I don't think he was saying it wasn't worth it, but if your not going to use it to its full potential, it might not be. I still vote Fi. But if you want to save the $150, there isn't anything wrong with AQ.
Guest Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 I'll be willing to spend the extra money if I get 150 dollars in performance gains with 2kw. But if not then no
n8ball2013 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 I didnt say its not worth it as I dont knwo what you have planned. whats the weight difference between the n2 and the aq. 40 lbs. stick four sacks of potatoes in your car and see if you notice it. bottom line is if you aren't dumping the power into it to warrant the better cooling then its really going to make it a tougher call. Some people dont like the sound of the DD/AQs. I think they sound great. You cant really ask anyone here what theyd do because its tough to get a straight answer. No one looks at it subjectively. Another way you can look at it is this. If its not loud enough and you went with the AQ you are halway to a second one with the money you saved not getting the n2 THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.