bmph8er Posted February 17, 2011 Report Posted February 17, 2011 looks good sorta wish i woulda just went with something underseat in my xcab. but oh well already have my 18s 2001 gmc seirra 5.3 auto 3.73 locked rear, long tube headers, offroad y pipe, duals, cai, black bear tune, 2/4 drop, 22s, rockford fosgate mods and highs and 4 ab hd 15s and a ab 750.1 1995 civic 1.5 auto slower then hell, dropped on coil overs, ex hub caps, 2 12 trunk, have 450 bucks in the car and gets 35 mpg 1992 s10 being bagged, shaved, and small stereo. right now a pile of parts
Jared420 Posted February 17, 2011 Author Report Posted February 17, 2011 looks good sorta wish i woulda just went with something underseat in my xcab. but oh well already have my 18s I did over 2 years ago but they were hand me down Jl 12'' old school w3s and I was only giving them 400 watts a piece, it wasnt enough for me so I went to rippin the seat out and 4 15s and that was fun for a while but i misssed having an extended cab. Got tired of looking at a 15+cube ugly box back there, just want a nice clean somewhat hidden install and some nice tight bass 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
korey_hofer Posted February 17, 2011 Report Posted February 17, 2011 No just got my stock speakers replaced with some low end kenwood 6.5s running off the hu it sounds alright for what I need now , I will have my truck paid off i'n like a year and a half and I'll be buying a brandy new once I do, so my next truck will be the one I get nicer components and amps for well trust me man, crescendo components sound amazing and are $95 at most (with discount code hummerccx) i'd wait for the 6.5"s to come back in stock, but 2 sets, get a sony 1000w 4channel off craigslist, and keep em in waiting until your next build. you'll thank me later ;D um no they do not, super bright tweeters and very peaky midbass speakers previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
Jared420 Posted February 17, 2011 Author Report Posted February 17, 2011 No just got my stock speakers replaced with some low end kenwood 6.5s running off the hu it sounds alright for what I need now , I will have my truck paid off i'n like a year and a half and I'll be buying a brandy new once I do, so my next truck will be the one I get nicer components and amps for well trust me man, crescendo components sound amazing and are $95 at most (with discount code hummerccx) i'd wait for the 6.5"s to come back in stock, but 2 sets, get a sony 1000w 4channel off craigslist, and keep em in waiting until your next build. you'll thank me later ;D um no they do not, super bright tweeters and very peaky midbass speakers exactly, Just the reason I dont want to cheap out and waste money now Id rather wait and just get nice components in the future. I know a low end component set on a 4 channel would be better than what I have now but for what it is theyre fine and i can live with them for now 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
BassHead1990 Posted February 17, 2011 Report Posted February 17, 2011 those look sexy :-) the surround looks hella nice (2007 Chevy Tahoe LT) Mechman 320A OEM AGM D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter D'Amore Engineering E1500.1 Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"
Jared420 Posted February 17, 2011 Author Report Posted February 17, 2011 those look sexy :-) the surround looks hella nice Yeah, i believe rusty told me I got the newer surround type. in the box all ready to go, just gotta put my amp behind the seat and hook the subs up this weekend! pumped to see how they sound 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
BanginOnABudget Posted February 17, 2011 Report Posted February 17, 2011 Okay then, show me a set of components under $100 that can even come close to sound as good as the crescendos, IB they dont sound good, i agree, but with some mini-enclosures in your doors, with the proper port area to keep the xmax under control, and a bandpass filter on the mids, they sound amazing, and my tweeters have no harshness what-so-ever, but eh, i guess i just know how to tune. anyways, how do the subs sound? have you considered bracing the box with threaded rod?? i can imagine those prefabs have nasty box flex with decent drivers like those. EDIT: sorry, im slow. hope they sound decent haha. im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire. Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block.... 1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr. Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt. Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos. Pioneer 6000ub Reciever NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon. MSG Me for a free enclosure design!! Flared port kits coming soon!!
Jared420 Posted February 17, 2011 Author Report Posted February 17, 2011 I'm not getting them in until the weekend so I won't know til then , I'm going to see how the box does as is first not sure bracing will be needed, wouldn't hurt but all sides of the box are pretty short I don't think it will flex much I'll see what happens adding threaded rod is pretty easy to do 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
CstrokerV Posted February 17, 2011 Report Posted February 17, 2011 Oxygen-Audio AIR63 Oxygen-Audio AIR63 6.5 inch. Component System, 3 Way, 300 Watts RMS (O2 AIR-63) these sound really nice and can be had for 87 bucks lol after i pay off my 4 dclvl3's i might be getting them Oxygen-Audio Air2-6 Oxygen-Audio Air2-6 6.5inch Component System, 2 Way, 130 Watts RMS (O2 OXYGEN AUDIO Air26) and these ones for 60 ive heard them both and sound better than my cdt i paid 400 for towards bangin by the way i cant wait to get my 10's put in kinda mad my motor shifted in my stroker pro but kinda happy i get to try new subs lol my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
knowledge Posted February 17, 2011 Report Posted February 17, 2011 nice man REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.