Sonic Electronix

Help Upgrading Electrical...

I have 1 fi btl 15" being powered by a sundown saz-2000d. I originally had the sub at 1ohm. When the bass dropped, so did my voltage. So low, that the lights cut completely off. And, as you know, sundown doesn't like under 12v, so the amp went into protect mode. So I am having to keep the sub at 2ohms for the time being. What I need, is some advice. Now, i know about wiring second batteries, the big 3, and high output alternators. Unfortunately, I am on a bit of a budget. Do you think the big 3 would suffice, or just a new battery? Or would I have to do a combination of two, or all three to get the voltage up? Thanks in advanced!

mivtCK.png

the big three would help but there will still be a big drop

i would try and do atleast one high output alt and the big three and that should help for now until you get the cash up

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

get a nice xs battery and that should help a lot.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

Big three will help out then another battery in the front would help too. How did you have the sub wired at one ohm now at two if it's the same sub? shouldn't it either be one or four?

Big three will help out then another battery in the front would help too. How did you have the sub wired at one ohm now at two if it's the same sub? shouldn't it either be one or four?

I figured that was gonna come up. The sub is a dual 1ohm, and the amp has two outputs at 1ohm stable. I just had each voice coil run to each output...but now I have the two run in series, and the amp bridged.

mivtCK.png

I figured that was gonna come up. The sub is a dual 1ohm, and the amp has two outputs at 1ohm stable. I just had each voice coil run to each output...but now I have the two run in series, and the amp bridged.

no no you dont get it. Just because there are 2+ and 2- doesn't mean it you hook up a 1ohm load to one set of the speaker inputs it and your amp runs at 1ohm. The speaker outputs anr internally bridged so you bought the wrong coil. Your running your amp at .5ohms. Which means your amp is very inefficent and most likely making DIRTY power. If you ever plan to run at .5ohms again( I never suggest it) get a HO a good and strong one(which requires the Big3) and the biggest bettery under the hood and a good size one in the back.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

doesnt this make it .5ohm one coil on each output bridged inside the amp right?

just get another btl ;) and recone to a 12 ;)

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived