I thought the same thing...that, and "oh crap, it's another best buy, but more like a swap meet quality install" I've actually been impressed with their installs and the control over installation skills and talent. They came to play

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

pepboys.

this guy is the national

they now do 12volt. have installers, and do sales and installs..

its worth a shot

here ya go

Joe Proteau (PRO2) 215-430-9574

Pep Boys Auto - Director of 12 Volt

[email protected]

He just said he has opening up and down CALI right now.

good luck man.

you can name drop if you want, tell him from 12volt insider.

Thanks for the tip, i'll definitely check it out.

Both Victorville and Big Bear have manager openings right now for Pep Boys...

Those are both a few hours away, but i'll check the one's where i'm at. Appreciate the help.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

• 1 month later...

I was talking to a guy at Bestbuy about become a Geek squad car audio installer. He said if I apply, I would pretty much have the job. Would I be dumbing myself down installing for Bestbuy? Or would I be able to spread my knowledge and help people make better audio decisions? Opinions.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I know a LOT of VERY good installers who work for BBY...they will also pay for your MECP courses. once you reach Master they pay you more. between DEI and BBY they have more than 75% of the MECP masters in the country working for them. Once you get that manufacturers see more value in you. Call me this week.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

I know a LOT of VERY good installers who work for BBY...they will also pay for your MECP courses. once you reach Master they pay you more. between DEI and BBY they have more than 75% of the MECP masters in the country working for them. Once you get that manufacturers see more value in you. Call me this week.

I thought you had to have your MECP before you got hired on? Hmmm...what kinda pay can you get working for them?

they might ask you to go take the Basic test, but almost anyone here can pass that without studying. almost (I have seen some people here who need to put the tools down and step away from the amplifier)

starting pay for someone with JUST ENOUGh experience to get hired will probably make around $14. Good friend of mine in Texas just got her Master, they promoted her to manager and she's making over $20 now.

Principal

they might ask you to go take the Basic test, but almost anyone here can pass that without studying. almost (I have seen some people here who need to put the tools down and step away from the amplifier)

starting pay for someone with JUST ENOUGh experience to get hired will probably make around $14. Good friend of mine in Texas just got her Master, they promoted her to manager and she's making over $20 now.

Wow that's more than I expected, I never thought to look into installing cause I never though I could make what I needed to make to pay the bills. I need to go fill out some app's!

working at best buy is going to help you more than you think. you're going to have at least one guy that knows a shit ton of stuff that you'll be like :trippy: why are you working here? dont expect any custom stuff or very little. but your troubleshooting skills will be great and you/ll learn the harder stuff. the factory amp bypasses the alarms and remote starts. The mobile videos. I worked at a CC for 2 yrs and dont regret it at all. I hope you realize though that being an installer kind of kills the hobby side of it when you are getting paid.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived