mhart Posted February 28, 2011 Report Posted February 28, 2011 How many shops are around you? You don't really want to carry what they already carry, and look for distributors. Good Luck. '00 Honda Civic Si IASCA stock trunk/pickup 1 World Record 4/20 150.6/150.7dBTeam DC Team XS Power Team ISB Steve's Body Shophttp://www.dcsoundlab.com/
ahoz28 Posted February 28, 2011 Report Posted February 28, 2011 Hows your work ethic and do any of you have sales experience? I had a friend that would open his shop at odd hours. good luck
Ram Posted February 28, 2011 Report Posted February 28, 2011 Then sounds like your good to go. If he is that good then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Make sure to budget 5-8k towards advertising in the beginning. You will need it to get the word out. The at least 6months of rent and bills in the bank 1year of both of your salaries in the bank 10k min for product and some sort of displays At least a 250k insur policy Hopefully one of you have good credit, you should start out with 75k or SO. That will let you run for a year. Don't take credit cards for at least two years. Buy everything cod, or check ...trust me. Sign only with distributors, buy big when you buy so you get the best discount. Ask for deals and specials anytime you order. Don't order dumb shit that you will just sit on. Just order 1 of the higher end stuff. Most sales will be low end product, higher end sales can be sched for appt, and pay 1/2 down, then you order the product needed. Only pay 3%for cc trans Good luck nice.
Basshead89 Posted February 28, 2011 Report Posted February 28, 2011 Then sounds like your good to go. If he is that good then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Make sure to budget 5-8k towards advertising in the beginning. You will need it to get the word out. The at least 6months of rent and bills in the bank 1year of both of your salaries in the bank 10k min for product and some sort of displays At least a 250k insur policy Hopefully one of you have good credit, you should start out with 75k or SO. That will let you run for a year. Don't take credit cards for at least two years. Buy everything cod, or check ...trust me. Sign only with distributors, buy big when you buy so you get the best discount. Ask for deals and specials anytime you order. Don't order dumb shit that you will just sit on. Just order 1 of the higher end stuff. Most sales will be low end product, higher end sales can be sched for appt, and pay 1/2 down, then you order the product needed. Only pay 3%for cc trans Good luck This is exactly how I did it back in the day... This Man knows what he is talking about ... and order the hell out of the products that move when the big discounts come in.
n8ball2013 Posted February 28, 2011 Report Posted February 28, 2011 So if you're friend knows so much why didnt you get him on here to help spread the knowledge? Id like to see some of his work. I'll say it in a way that ray didnt put it. You are going to have to dive in headfirst and be consumed for the first couple years until you can establish anything. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
bumassjeff Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Well figured its time I chime in, I am the other person he is looking to open the shop with. I don't post much on here specially lately considering I dropped out of the car audio work to dive into my career being a computer technician. No much of my work is on here except my one build in my 2000 Mazda Protege and on my friends cars w87will and menace86. But as he said I've been doing this for quite awhile I have more knowledge then 90% of the shops in the local area. Also I've been working in a small business so getting to watch my own CEO first hand build a company has given me even more knowledge. Either way, we are open to suggestions about what you think, not for you to judge us. If it happens it happens if not then its not. Thanks hope to hear more input and not any bashing our idea. P.S Of course you could stomp me Ray, I've seen plenty of things you've done. This most likely won't be a serious system business considering no one in this area really has anything more then maybe a few 15"s. But if the request comes in for a big build then I'm all for it.
kr15 Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 In my opinion, Ray has the most reputable shop in our region (central cal), he knows what he is talking about.. Team Flex Issues Low tuning > God 2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP
iKidwell Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Well figured its time I chime in, I am the other person he is looking to open the shop with. I don't post much on here specially lately considering I dropped out of the car audio work to dive into my career being a computer technician. No much of my work is on here except my one build in my 2000 Mazda Protege and on my friends cars w87will and menace86. But as he said I've been doing this for quite awhile I have more knowledge then 90% of the shops in the local area. Also I've been working in a small business so getting to watch my own CEO first hand build a company has given me even more knowledge. Either way, we are open to suggestions about what you think, not for you to judge us. If it happens it happens if not then its not. Thanks hope to hear more input and not any bashing our idea. P.S Of course you could stomp me Ray, I've seen plenty of things you've done. This most likely won't be a serious system business considering no one in this area really has anything more then maybe a few 15"s. But if the request comes in for a big build then I'm all for it. that's what I thought where i lived, then I talked to a friend from a local shop who did multiple 150+ installs for people a week before Casper.. c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
jshark5 Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Ray sounds like the man... Also if I may chime in as a customer... open up earlier then the rest, even if you work it yourself. I can't tell you how many times I said screw this shop because they wernt open and went to the other one across town due to them being open before I went to work. I work 9 to 6ish usually after but shops open at 10 and close at 6 f that.haha 04' Chevy Blazer -Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-
bumassjeff Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Well figured its time I chime in, I am the other person he is looking to open the shop with. I don't post much on here specially lately considering I dropped out of the car audio work to dive into my career being a computer technician. No much of my work is on here except my one build in my 2000 Mazda Protege and on my friends cars w87will and menace86. But as he said I've been doing this for quite awhile I have more knowledge then 90% of the shops in the local area. Also I've been working in a small business so getting to watch my own CEO first hand build a company has given me even more knowledge. Either way, we are open to suggestions about what you think, not for you to judge us. If it happens it happens if not then its not. Thanks hope to hear more input and not any bashing our idea. P.S Of course you could stomp me Ray, I've seen plenty of things you've done. This most likely won't be a serious system business considering no one in this area really has anything more then maybe a few 15"s. But if the request comes in for a big build then I'm all for it. that's what I thought where i lived, then I talked to a friend from a local shop who did multiple 150+ installs for people a week before Casper.. I'm not saying their aren't large systems in the area considering I'm just now getting back into the car audio stuff. Research is still in progress about other shops and systems they have done. Either way were are just looking to get more insight on other peoples success stories or failures. Not looking to get into who knows more about who please we aren't children here.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.