MECA California suggestions/comments thread

atsaubrey

i understand alot of that...perhaps we shouldnt place it on Meca to straighten out the new guys, but perhaps us as competitors need to make a more involved effort to help the new guys....

I also agree with what Ray said. As much as that guy drives, it would be nice to get events up in his backyard. I know there is also a bay area faction of guys as well that Im sure would love a show or 2 in that area

Without a doubt, MECA success will come from competitor involvement. All of us that are serious into competing need to seek out places and people to host shows. We really have an opportunity to tap into the car show scene out here. We all know there are tons of events all over the state on any given weekend. If anyone has a contact for a possible show then lets get them in contact with Aubrey.

Our new and upcoming competitor base are at these shows. Once we get them to an event, then we all need to take the time to work with them to help them be competitive in their class. If we have done a good job in that, then it's only a matter of time before they are hooked like the rest of us.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Without a doubt, MECA success will come from competitor involvement. All of us that are serious into competing need to seek out places and people to host shows. We really have an opportunity to tap into the car show scene out here. We all know there are tons of events all over the state on any given weekend. If anyone has a contact for a possible show then lets get them in

there is a saying in sports that your only as good as the last man on your bench...it basically means that the team effort is literally that; a team effort. Perhaps Meca can only be as good as we as competitors make it to be..Aubrey and the judges are too busy to be counted on for everything. We need to pull alot of the load as well. I think the group of people that compete consistently are an asset to Meca, but we need to make sure that we are being an asset to Meca...

The more I think about a trunk class, the more I am against it. Not only for the sake of slowing down shows, but also it "levels" the playing field by making yet another disadvantaged competitor; those with true trunk installs. The disadvantage of a trunk is that it is the only instance in which loading does not occur in the cabin. When you seal off and port/fire into the cabin, you negate this disadvantage. The trunk class would come to be dominated by sealed off trunks.. I may offend some people right now, but thats ok: I do not question the install quality on any of you guys, but people running sealed setups would not be as loud if everything remained the same yet they were loading within the trunk. They know this, otherwise they would not have chose to seal off their trunk..to me a trunk setup is one "that fires in and loads in the trunk"...Again, I dont question installs. Mario has a great install, my teammate Eric has a great install. But with everything else constant, yet in a trunk, your numbers would drop. For that reason, I object to a trunk class. I am not going to run in a supposed equal class that is a "special" class, when equality isnt there. If i'm disadvantaged anyway, I might as well stay where I am and take my chances with open cabin vehicles.

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

There was a "MECA rules" post by LoudNlow on the 27th of feb that made a good arguement I thnk would go good in this section. I would copy and paste the link but I'm on my phone.

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

We definitely need at least 1 more spl judge at shows.

Especially for the following:

1. Pre inspection for placement in classes. The lane was stopped several times because new arrivals were not inspected prior to the beginning of the event. Classing 50+ cars takes time.

2. Everybody needs a break. For lunch and RR breaks. 8 hrs Manning the Termlab or the announcers mike is a lot of work.

3. Since both of our qualified judges are manning the lane just to get the show on the road it leaves very little judge access for questions.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Well one judge couldn't of made it bill should be at the next one and when did we ever say we needed a break besides potty one

And the judge pre classing cars has got to know a lot of rules so when Someone has missing panel and trys to get a slow blow non stamped fuse by the judges they can catch it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

1. Pre inspection for placement in classes. The lane was stopped several times because new arrivals were not inspected prior to the beginning of the event. Classing 50+ cars takes time.

2. Everybody needs a break. For lunch and RR breaks. 8 hrs Manning the Termlab or the announcers mike is a lot of work.

3. Since both of our qualified judges are manning the lane just to get the show on the road it leaves very little judge access for questions.

I can agree with that. Unfortunately one judge couldn't make it for this show. These shows are definatley getting bigger and bigger. If Bill would have been there it wouldn't have been an issue. We also typically have a wife or two to man the puter for pee breaks and what not....but since Kimo and Alpine BOTH can't keep their weenies in their pants they gotta take care of the new borns. lol :popcorn:

I apologize for not being able to make it. Money was just too tight to make the trip. As these shows come up I will do my best to make them.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

.but since Kimo and Alpine BOTH can't keep their weenies in their pants they gotta take care of the new borns. lol

vow of chastity for future judges?

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Its hard to say, because Meca is still in early stages here in Cali. It would be nice if the teams would host events. Team Bassick, Team Flex Issues and Team BFD allows 3 oppurtunities to host events. Ray as a shop seems willing to host events as well. In general, I would just like more shows, but I understand that this is the difficult part. This is why we as teams need to step up and assist Meca by obtaining venues and sponsors for shows. The old adage is true, ask not what Meca can do for us, but what can we do for meca? If this is our hobby we need to be putting in as much time and effort as Meca (if not more) in supporting our hobby...Aubrey cant secure every venue/sponsor etc. There are relationships that the individual teams and competitors have with local shops and venues. We need to do a better job coordinating this. We are essentially the needed middle men between shops/sponsors and Meca in some cases....As far as my complaints, I think there needs to be some discernment on the judges part when it comes to noob competitors. It discourages potential competitors when they get placed in m5 just because they didnt know that they had to fuse at there amp. They end up doing a 130 because they have sub par equipment, no clue what cabin peak is and no idea what a tone is..then some guy in mod5 beats them by 20db. That doesnt go a long way to encourage future attendence. I know Meca tries to ensure a level playing field, but you guys know that every once in a while there is a guy with a crap system that has no clue whats going on. That guy doesnt need to be in mod5 or s5...

As far as yesterday, that hickup with the TL was pretty damn annoying, but its technology, and its not something that judges have control over. Thats just an irritant that I guess we will have to accept from time to time

NICE!

you always know what to say lol

A trunk class would also be nice. im in :good:

x2

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK

It is up to everyone bro to help to encourage for more shows and to help out fellow new competitors when they can. When we actively competing we always took it serious once we pulled into the lanes but, while we waited we always helped out where we could. Being on this end and being a judge there is not much we can do during a show. THIS PAST SATURDAY WAS AWESOME!!! However, I know we must of neglected some people and missed a few. I just hope we did good over all.

We definitely need at least 1 more spl judge at shows. Especially for the following:1. Pre inspection for placement in classes. The lane was stopped several times because new arrivals were not inspected prior to the beginning of the event. Classing 50+ cars takes time.2. Everybody needs a break. For lunch and RR breaks. 8 hrs Manning the Termlab or the announcers mike is a lot of work.3. Since both of our qualified judges are manning the lane just to get the show on the road it leaves very little judge access for questions.

I saw that coming since we started MECA.

When Aubrey called Bill and I to ask for help on the SPL side I was more than willing. However, going through the format and the rules it was clear that another judge just for installations would be ideal. So I dragged Alpine along with me and it was a wrap. Not to mention Alpine is the one who got the 1st MECA show in L.A. started. Bill is the "INSTALL JUDGE" for both SQ and SPL, if he was there the TL would of been running by 10:30.

Archived