Sonic Electronix

on rated power 2ft each common chamber is what they like. I have used plenty of type r's before to know what they want

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Why? Ask yourself and then the shop.

apparently i was told that it would help with sound quality of the sub, and prevent the sound waves from going through the back of the box. i am not 100% sure exactly what it would do, which is why i am here

LOL WHAT? never go to that shop ever again. i have never heard of something so ignorant before in my life. wood isnt penetrated by fucking air unless it has holes in it.

MDF does breathe at little.

Gary Biggs damped his enclosures in his Regal and it was a world champion SQ car. It effectively lowers the resonance of the wood itself, thereby changing the Q and response of the enclosure. This CAN BE a desired effect. It can also seriously fuck up a perfect box.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

sealed boxes are the only ones I would dampen because they are designed to dissipate the rear wave. so any box flex you get, any resonation you get will all subtract from the sound you want.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

sigh... i just wrote a good response to this then accidentally hit "back"... anyways, im with kranny. adding deadener to a wood panel would not net you any improvement in resonance. the only thing it will do is smooth out the inside and act like resin or laminates inside the box.

Thank you. Eclipse calls kranny a smartass but fails to recognize the difference between resonance and vibrations, lol.

I doubt even 6% of the installs on this site would even notice a difference in sound and response.

OP, use the left over to damplify the next area.

the theory is correct but the scale is not. adding deadener to a wooden panel would be like adding 1oz to 10lbs. it will be heavier, but you wont notice.

sigh... i just wrote a good response to this then accidentally hit "back"... anyways, im with kranny. adding deadener to a wood panel would not net you any improvement in resonance. the only thing it will do is smooth out the inside and act like resin or laminates inside the box.

This happens to me all the time, but when I go forward the text is still there.

i wasn't that lucky lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

damping material won't stop flex...not even a little bit. It changes the resonance of the wood, just like it changes the resonance of the metal when you put it on your doors.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

MDF does breathe at little.

Gary Biggs damped his enclosures in his Regal and it was a world champion SQ car. It effectively lowers the resonance of the wood itself, thereby changing the Q and response of the enclosure. This CAN BE a desired effect. It can also seriously fuck up a perfect box.

:drinks:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

we arn't talking flex we are talking resonation

it was mentioned

and the word you're looking for is "resonance"

Principal

adding deadener to a wooden panel would be like adding 1oz to 10lbs. it will be heavier, but you wont notice.

was what i was thinkin but was having a lack of words moment lol and your wording worked lol :drinks:

Archived