Sonic Electronix

adding deadener to a wooden panel would be like adding 1oz to 10lbs. it will be heavier, but you wont notice.

was what i was thinkin but was having a lack of words moment lol and your wording worked lol :drinks:

it's actually more significant than that, but not liek adding it to sheet metal

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

What about glassing up inside the box, or adding polyfil?

glassing keeps the wood from breathing...changing the Q of the enclosure

Polyfill is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS. Let me repeat that for effect...IT IS COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!!!. acoustically, dacron/polyfil has zero effect. sound waves pass through it, rather than being reflected by it. the typical desired effect is to break standing waves. This is done with open cell foam or acoustic fiberglass...not the insulation you buy at home depot. specific, not particulate acoustic fiberglass. Like the stuff you get at johnsmanville.com .

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

adding deadener to a wooden panel would be like adding 1oz to 10lbs. it will be heavier, but you wont notice.

was what i was thinkin but was having a lack of words moment lol and your wording worked lol :drinks:

i always think in analogies. most dont make sense to anyone else though lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

What about glassing up inside the box, or adding polyfil?

glassing keeps the wood from breathing...changing the Q of the enclosure

Polyfill is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS. Let me repeat that for effect...IT IS COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!!!. acoustically, dacron/polyfil has zero effect. sound waves pass through it, rather than being reflected by it. the typical desired effect is to break standing waves. This is done with open cell foam or acoustic fiberglass...not the insulation you buy at home depot. specific, not particulate acoustic fiberglass. Like the stuff you get at johnsmanville.com .

i always thought the polyfill theory was bull shit. didnt make a deamn bit of sense to me and it didnt act that way when i tried it. all it did was take up airspace.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I just love watching people shove useless foam inside their ported enclosures, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Lol yea I always heard poly fill made your sub "think" it was in a bigger box but they never think about how much volume that shit actually takes up.

helps with standing waves, the friction cased by the air passing through the fibers make the air expand making it take up more space pushing the air around more. so a lot less standing wave problems

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Here is a clip straight off the Kicker website about the polyfil.

http://www.kicker.com/box_building_hints

enclosures_18.jpg

This is what Kicker says about polyfil:

Note:If you prefer an ultra-smooth bass response, you should loosely fill your ported Solo-Baric Enclosure with polyfil. If you do so, the entrance to the port (inside the box) must be covered with hardware cloth, chicken wire, or expanded metal to prevent the polyfil from being blown out through the port. Use of polyfil will slightly decrease efficiency, but will deepen and extend low bass response.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived