Sonic Electronix

How hard is it to wire your system?

Hey guys. Currently, I have 0 audio equipment and no car. My brother is using my car right now, so I have to wait until I can put my system in the car. I have the money and idea of what I'm going to get, I just need my car. But since having no car, that isn't stopping me from learning as much as I can before I install my set-up. I am going to buy 2 Sundown Audio SA-12's Dual 4 Running off an AQ2200D. Since my only electrical at first is going to be big 3, I'm going to set the gains on the AQ to 1200-1400 so my car doesn't explode on the freeway. I am also going to use a 0 guage amp power kit (http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX-PK0) to wire it all up. I was wondering, how hard is it to wire up your subs + amp. All I know is something about groundwire, etc. I'm only 16, so be easy <_< .

If anyone can give me any links, tips, suggestions, etc on how to wire up my subs, amp, HU, speakers, etc. That would be great. Thank you.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

i ran 2500 watts on a stock electrical for a while and it was fine. that aq amp will do alright on stock.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Honestly its not hard at all to wire up a system as long as you have a brain. lol. The hardest thing to do is find a hole that is big enough in your firewall or a location to drill through the firewall to run your power and grounds through.

For wiring a headunit its just a matter of matching up like colors really.

For wiring up the amp just pay attention to connecting positive to positive and negative and negative and make sure your impedance is set right. If you tell me what impedance your speakers are going to be then i can easily help you out with getting your speakers wires up correctly.

A good installer tip i have for you though is when you do the big 3 ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS grind the paint off your ground points. I prefer to use something like a Dremel tool or anything with a sanding disc that can rotate very fast for you. You want to have ground points that are like a mirror finish to them because paint does not really conduct electricity like bare metal does.

Another good thing i would highly recommend as it will be your best friend, get yourself a multimeter or an o-scope preferably. This will help you out more than you can imagine because you can check out the resistance of your power and ground wires to make sure you get as much power as possible and check your voltage, plus your resistance of your speakers.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Hey guys. Currently, I have 0 audio equipment and no car. My brother is using my car right now, so I have to wait until I can put my system in the car. I have the money and idea of what I'm going to get, I just need my car. But since having no car, that isn't stopping me from learning as much as I can before I install my set-up. I am going to buy 2 Sundown Audio SA-12's Dual 4 Running off an AQ2200D. Since my only electrical at first is going to be big 3, I'm going to set the gains on the AQ to 1200-1400 so my car doesn't explode on the freeway. I am also going to use a 0 guage amp power kit (http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX-PK0) to wire it all up. I was wondering, how hard is it to wire up your subs + amp. All I know is something about groundwire, etc. I'm only 16, so be easy <_< .

If anyone can give me any links, tips, suggestions, etc on how to wire up my subs, amp, HU, speakers, etc. That would be great. Thank you.

its not to hard. however if you dont do it right, well we wont go there just take your time.Ill look for some links, but just browse all the build logs see what pepole do different and what not. good luck man always good to hear about a new bass head keepin the hobby goin.

15"AA havoc, AQ1200d. T3 audio 6.5 2 way componet set on rockford p400.4

do you live in SF or somewhere else in the bay area?

I don't mind helping you once you are ready to do the install, as long as I have time.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

one of the 1st topics on seen ona while with no bashing good to see :drink40:

but yes it is very simple paitence is key, but as u add more power and stuff like that it gets more complex mulitiple amps requiring 12volt relay multiple alts.... ect but we all make mistakes and we all learn welcome to the world of car audio where bank accounts get drained yet your begging for me its along ride of fun :good:

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

If skittles can't help you, i'm an hour from the bay. if i'm not gone by the time you get your system, i'll help you out.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

i ran 2500 watts on a stock electrical for a while and it was fine. that aq amp will do alright on stock.

What car tho? Honda Civics stock alts are only around 80 amps I think, nothing huge like a GMC

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Honestly its not hard at all to wire up a system as long as you have a brain. lol. The hardest thing to do is find a hole that is big enough in your firewall or a location to drill through the firewall to run your power and grounds through.

For wiring a headunit its just a matter of matching up like colors really.

For wiring up the amp just pay attention to connecting positive to positive and negative and negative and make sure your impedance is set right. If you tell me what impedance your speakers are going to be then i can easily help you out with getting your speakers wires up correctly.

A good installer tip i have for you though is when you do the big 3 ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS grind the paint off your ground points. I prefer to use something like a Dremel tool or anything with a sanding disc that can rotate very fast for you. You want to have ground points that are like a mirror finish to them because paint does not really conduct electricity like bare metal does.

Another good thing i would highly recommend as it will be your best friend, get yourself a multimeter or an o-scope preferably. This will help you out more than you can imagine because you can check out the resistance of your power and ground wires to make sure you get as much power as possible and check your voltage, plus your resistance of your speakers.

This helped me out a lot. I'll make sure to take every one of these tips into thought, and use it to help me wire my system. Thank you.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

do you live in SF or somewhere else in the bay area?

I don't mind helping you once you are ready to do the install, as long as I have time.

I live in San Mateo, CA Everywhere. SF is about 40 minutes away.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD