The Next big Earthquake in California? Predicted 3/19/2011

on the moon thing, the weather man just said the moon is the closest it been in 19 years. I don't know. I believe there are tells to natural disasters, but you gotta know what to look for.

You guys are good at bustin balls. Give me something to believe!!!

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

I just read up on moon quakes, and honestly, you got me on that. I didn't realize they had quakes, but this is what I found about moon quakes

"Most moonquakes are deep within the Moon (about 1000 km or more than 600 miles), and deeper than any earthquakes on Earth. These deep moonquakes are usually small (smaller than a magnitude 3 on the Richter scale) and seem to be related to tides caused by the Earth."

Even moon quakes are caused by tidal forces it looks like

I still think that gravitational pull from the moon has some effect to earthquakes.

No, a full moon, or crescent moon has nothing to do with it.

And our days do get longer and longer as the moon moves away from us. the moon will not be by us forever, when its gone, our rotation is supposed to be equal to about a year. But we will all be dead by then anyways.

If the moon just disappeared out of the blue, I think the earth will still spin fine, but its the moon pulling away from earth that slows the day down

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I just read up on moon quakes, and honestly, you got me on that. I didn't realize they had quakes, but this is what I found about moon quakes

"Most moonquakes are deep within the Moon (about 1000 km or more than 600 miles), and deeper than any earthquakes on Earth. These deep moonquakes are usually small (smaller than a magnitude 3 on the Richter scale) and seem to be related to tides caused by the Earth."

Even moon quakes are caused by tidal forces it looks like

I still think that gravitational pull from the moon has some effect to earthquakes.

No, a full moon, or crescent moon has nothing to do with it.

And our days do get longer and longer as the moon moves away from us. the moon will not be by us forever, when its gone, our rotation is supposed to be equal to about a year. But we will all be dead by then anyways.

If the moon just disappeared out of the blue, I think the earth will still spin fine, but its the moon pulling away from earth that slows the day down

Yeah, my points were only that the earth's spin and centrifugal force is what creates the wide equator, not the moon. And the spin keeping our planet alive is also what causes our plates to move continually into and away from each other.

Now, scientists have stated the man's gravity can lift plates very minimal amounts which may or may not be enough to create enough stress on a fault line to create an earthquake. But to think earthquakes are the production solely because of the moon seemed off.

Either way an earthquake will happen in California eventually, lol. It's just normal to expect one.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yes, we are long over due. Was said a couple years ago that we have a 30% chance of a major quake within the next 30 years. Tomorrow night is going to be a Super Moon, closest its been in 18 years, about 220,xxx miles away from earth. I heard this about a wk ago and they said it's not crazy to say that this could cause some funny things to happen, esp with the tides in the ocean. The tides control the pressure of the plates, from what I remember hearing the other day (after the Tsunami).

I saw this video last night and it honestly spooked me but hey, if its gonna happen its gonna happen. I literally live right on the San Andreas fault line so I really hope we don't get it on that fault. You can't escape natural disasters, North East experiences huge snow storms, South/South East get hurricanes and we here in the West get earthquakes. It's life.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I'm hoping for the best with all the Cali members, I don't want to come home from work to hear something happened, so yall be careful.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

YOU GUYS ARE FUCKED! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE!!!

Just playin'! If there's no quake, it'll all just be another bad meteorologist's prediction. But if there is one, this guy will think he's the next Nostradamus or something.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived