Fi BTL N2 or N3

i cant tell if my subs are clipping either ha but im going for the n2 going to get one soon hope i dnt mess its coil up on clipping i just keep my amp on 3/4 as well as deck

If you have the gain up 3/4 you can be clipping if bassboost is on or you have high voltage RCA's.(3-4v)

N2 will fill in all your needs. It can be burped at a rediculous wattage and it plays daily just fine and has good cooling.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

so what makes the N3 a spl only sub? I have .001'' on each side of my coil in the gap and it plays perfect on music?

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

so what makes the N3 a spl only sub? I have .001'' on each side of my coil in the gap and it plays perfect on music?

.001"?

..and this would be what sub?

N3 has too much motor force IMO for daily driving and musical scenarios..yields a saddle shape in the response curve from about 47-75Hz, the N2 acts 'normal' and does not have this which is more ideal for daily driving.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

so it will work, just not ideally, I could design around that

and I have tight gapped sigs with round wire coils

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Has to be more then .001"..I mean bottom ends on funny cars run .0005-.002" clearance on the main journals. There isn't a spider that is that linear through out stroke especially on music in a box that loads you are going to have at least that much coil rock. Most sigs i've reconed used a .030"-.045" shim on the pole..granted you could put a bigger OD coil in it, but .001" will clang and shank metal unless you are just extremely lucky :).

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

mayb a stupid question, but here goes..... now I was planning on doing 2 n3 18's, but after reading this, I am now guessing I should b goin with the n2s? I am/will b using this setup for mostly daily beatin, and might b hitting the comps later in the season, (if there r any in the chicagoland area)??

On another note I will b running them each seperatly off of t2500-bd cp, and later looking to piggy back and runnin 2 2500's per 18!

I can't wait to get my N3's in and playing, its gonna be a bit crazy I think, I crossover at 50 hz also. I will let you guys know how mine sound when they go in and theres been some time to tune the box for em and break them in a bit to let the warm quality in the sound come out. :good:

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

So would a 2 cubic ft ported for a car trunk even if the seat does not fold down beside the center cup holder in middle comes down

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Archived