Second Skin Audio

150+

eric78702

you could hit 150 with just 2 12's if done right i hit 151 with my 1 12 L7 in a 4 cube box in a mustang with a 1200 watt amp

no you dont. i can say that confidently. what meter? and where are you metering at. lets see some pics.

ya... prove it or it didnt happen lol.

my old setup is the smallest daily system ive seen get to a 150. two 12" DC XLs on two saz1500s. so thats half the cone area on the same amount of power. but here is the big difference. with one 3k amp at 1ohm you will likely only see 1000-1500w after impedance rise, i got 3500w out of my amps and that's the challenge.

i would say a 148 would be a respectable score off your setup. a 150 would be possible, it'll just take some work.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

dont know the guy at the shop is a fuckin retard he dont like the termlab says its inaccurate i no longer do business there since they wont send my amp in under warrenty

lmao, the guy was an idiot but you said "its possible if you know what you are doing" so an idiot is better than everyone on this forum? damn, thats insulting lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

dont know the guy at the shop is a fuckin retard he dont like the termlab says its inaccurate i no longer do business there since they wont send my amp in under warrenty

lmao, the guy was an idiot but you said "its possible if you know what you are doing" so an idiot is better than everyone on this forum? damn, thats insulting lol.

Lol I was just thinking the same thing.

Local guy has 4 12s and 2 4500ds in a civic hatch and bass races 49.9 with EASE.

His box is money though as well.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

and he has 9k

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

My only issue with that video, is that asking to do 150s is automatically asking for a LOUD vehicle. Find me a vehicle doing 50s that ISN'T loud. I agree people are getting much more focused with a number opposed to actually being interested in the listening experience, but how is that so bad when a portion of the hobby is completely dedicated to spl, and spl alone?

I will also agree though, that many people can not tell the difference between spl and loud.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

My only issue with that video, is that asking to do 150s is automatically asking for a LOUD vehicle. Find me a vehicle doing 50s that ISN'T loud. I agree people are getting much more focused with a number opposed to actually being interested in the listening experience, but how is that so bad when a portion of the hobby is completely dedicated to spl, and spl alone?

I will also agree though, that many people can not tell the difference between spl and loud.

140 @ 30 is psycho-acoustically louder to most people than 146 @ 63 even though there's 4 times the acoustic energy in the 146. It's a funny thing.

To OP, I would say 4kw+ and a really good box will get you there. In a small build it gets real hard over about 147dB.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived