No the case is same for both now the posts are the difference now ask Nathan. And I know the work it takes to do that to aluminum very nice job!!!

Four of those 18's on two 16k's would be gettin busy. I am tuned in for this one and you may want to rethink the second s3400 and do a d3400 if you are going to the passenger fender with it, I believe the s3400 is standard top posts and they won't clear the rear brace against the firewall, the hood is fine, just keep that in mind.

the s3400 is top & side post, but u can do either with the ibar kit ;).

i was told when i bought mine the only difference between the "S" & "D" series is the casing,

the S are for under hood (can take more heat)...

watching build... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: =]

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Thanks for the nice words everyone! Those busbars still aren't finished, AMI nailed how much work these things are to polish. Figure a minimum 30 minutes per 1x1x2" block in polishing. x27 that's 13.5 hours right there, forgetting the 2 main bars. I'd bet these busbars will have at least 50 hours in them from raw stock to finished product. It's a lot of effort but I really like that it looks like chrome- going back to why I chose this over copper.

Quick question on the main positive bar. Are the inputs to the main bar coming straight from the alts or are they going out to the amps and fused elsewhere?

I made both bars the same just to leave options open, but right now I will be using the inputs on the main bars for the grounds, and the little 1x1x2 blocks to fuse off the main block. Basically 6 runs of 1/0 fused right at the alternators, then fused at the busbar in. Then ~8-10 more runs going to the battery bank under the vehicle fused at the busbar, then the remaining spots will be open for amps and accessories to be fused. If I ever run out of room for accessories I can drop some of the + inputs from the front or rear and use them straight into the main bar, though I don't want to have to do that.

That's one nasty setup bro. Your always getting some nice stuff

Thanks, I'll post a few pics of some old work to this vehicle since there have been a lot of new members since 06-07 when I did the first 4 18 setup. I thought I'd be happy going down from 16k and 4 18s to 2 21s and 10kw, and I was for a while since having cargo area was nice, but I miss the 18s lol.

Here are some old pics of the work on this Tahoe:

I did the doors in Second Skin Damplifier Pro, then 3-4 coats of Spectrum

FDD6.jpg

FPD4.jpg

RDD16.jpg

I took the dash from an 05/06 and installed it in my 01 to get the double din to drop in

Wiring_16.jpg

Wiring_12.jpg

Wiring_13.jpg

Wiring_17.jpg

I'm using a Pioneer 4200 DVD- nothing special but it looks clean imo and is nice for road trips

Wiring_18.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I was using a quad kit from one company, but I had A LOT of issues with things so I had to take it off to keep my vehicle drivable. Hooked up with a company with a laser CNC and made my own quad kit and alts:

Tahoe_Quad_5.jpg

3-1.jpg

quad1.jpg

I also removed my well covers and some interior panels and coated them in Spectrum, as well as most of my engine bay and frame

spectrum4.jpg

spectrum7.jpg

spectrum5.jpg

That brings things up to the rebuild I believe. Looking for a lift + rims and tires close to summer too. :peepwall:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

The one SD 16k - Picked it up off a forum member. I was considering buying new, I've kicked myself every time I've bought used since I end screwed over more often than not, but hopefully this turns out good and saved me some cash.

1.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Some more aluminum I'm considering using for electrical connections

3.jpg

2.jpg

The old alts were black with steel center, I'm doing them white with black pulley and black center this time around.

alternator1.jpg

alternator2.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived