Sonic Electronix

I want to get sound deadener but damplifier is so expensive. Has anybody had experience with peal and seal? Does it work good?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

I had once gotten a fortune cookie that read "Any job, big or small; do it right, or not at all"

I don't know why but this thread made me think of it...

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

sigh

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I want to get sound deadener but damplifier is so expensive. Has anybody had experience with peal and seal? Does it work good?

I have my entire tahoe covered in atleast 2 layers of this stuff, works excellent. People dog the shit out of this stuff, but its those that have never used it, only repeating what other people say.. I have this stuff, WORKS GREAT!! No smell what so ever, sticks like crazy if you apply it with a heatgun

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

newls I hate to argue with you but Ive seen it used more than id care to admit. Have I used it? absolutely not. Its a roofing material it needs to stay on a roof. Ive seen it used in a car with leather interior and after it melted from the roof and ruined the leather it opened a few eyes. I refuse to use an inferior deadener with zero acoustical properties. Throw in the fact that its paper thin and to even come close to a real deadener like damp pro you need to do multipl layers and now your cost is roughly the same Ill just stick to doing it right once. if you want a cheaper deadener there are other options out there. I dont know about you but the only thing i have in my ride from lowes or home depot is some tape zipties and solder. It will stay that way.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have experience with it, my trunk is full of it. Does it work good? It did a hell of a job in my trunk! I only used it on the horizontal surfaces though, I heard it doesn't stick too well on vertical surfaces after a while. But I'd have no problem buying it again! The rest of my car is DP'd out, I just ran out by the time I got back to the trunk so peel n seal had to get the job done and it's doing damn good! I have damn near no rattle coming from my trunk, but unless the song is a super duper slapper and I have it maxed out, no rattles for me :woot:

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuZvFwV7xDo

Your amount of trust in his word is all up to you.

i will say i've TRIED to pull mine off in the georgia summer heat (102 F ++ ) and it didn't come off not even a little.

Maybe i'm lucky. maybe i'm a weak retard with no sense of smell.. *shrug*.. but i'd use it in a pinch again for a cheap fix.. but when i want the job really done. i'll shell out the real cash and get the real stuff.

Cheapest stuff ill recommend.

http://audiotechnix.com/

I haven't installed any in my car yet but have a sample of it and it is very similar to second skin damplifier which I do have have installed in my car. And now that I have worked with fatmat(the cheaper version which is peal n seal basically) I will never go with a asphalt based deadener ever again. 1 layer of good deadener will do a great job. Do what you want. I wouldn't though.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived