Second Skin Audio

last question for you Jon. over spray. if/when this stuff gets on my driveway, can i just hose it off?

Yep just hose it off before it dries. Once it's dry, it's on there (want to see my driveway?).

If you get any on your car, same thing. If you don't get to it and it dries on the paint, you can use a clay bar to remove it. I had to do this on my rear door seal because of my piss poor job of masking.

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Does the Spectrum adhere to the plastic wheel wells on the outside of vehicles, well?

Spectrum does not adhere very well to plastic or fiberglass.

If you want to apply it to either of those surfaces a self etching primer needs to be applied first or a layer of Damplifier to give Spectrum a surface to adhere to.

Later,

usa_render4.png

wow this jon guy seems to know his stuff... i wonder if i know him from somewhere? <_<

nah probably not :lol:

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

wow this jon guy seems to know his stuff... i wonder if i know him from somewhere? <_<

nah probably not :lol:

:rofl:

Yeah I'm pretty new to this, so you probably don't know me from anywhere. :D

Later,

usa_render4.png

• 3 weeks later...

Creating a sandwich of sound deadening (Damplifier on the inside, Spectrum on the outside) does an amazing job.

Here is another good example of using both products in conjunction.

Damplifier Pro use to have a silver foil and I really didn't want to see it exposed because of the look... especially on my trunk lid. So I applied some Damplifier Pro to the lid in the main areas (and covered up any large gaping holes):

064.jpg?t=1304004380

Then I applied Spectrum over it to give it a more "finished" look:

085.jpg?t=1304004375

So yeah they work great with each other whether you use them on top of one another or to sandwich the sheet metal with them.

usa_render4.png

Team Bassick (ALPINE), please elaborate a bit further if you could.

usa_render4.png