Second Skin Audio

1st big problem the gun it has to be FULL to spray while tilting the gun and you HAVE to tilt the gun unless your spraying something like a trunk lid making applying it very dificult

2nd i have damp pro all the back of my hatch back did a false floor sealed it off then put a sub in the false foor.. single 12 sound good sealed in the back but still had metal rattle and a metal ting to the sound being im useing the spare wheel well as a box just a top plate of wood. i then sparyed the spectrum over the deadner and waited a few days there was no differnce what so ever. its been 30 days and still no differnce what so ever

i was not looking for a merical just to help some wich it did not

sorry maybe im doing it wrong but im not dumb and it has a nice even thick coat all over the area i was spraying

i honestly think a bedliner spray would of worked better

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

1st big problem the gun it has to be FULL to spray while tilting the gun and you HAVE to tilt the gun unless your spraying something like a trunk lid making applying it very dificult

Yeah I agree with that. The gun isn't the best undercoating gun out there. I've personally bought two other guns and both performed just as bad, if not worse. So no arguing there.

2nd i have damp pro all the back of my hatch back did a false floor sealed it off then put a sub in the false foor.. single 12 sound good sealed in the back but still had metal rattle and a metal ting to the sound being im useing the spare wheel well as a box just a top plate of wood. i then sparyed the spectrum over the deadner and waited a few days there was no differnce what so ever. its been 30 days and still no differnce what so ever

i was not looking for a merical just to help some wich it did not

sorry maybe im doing it wrong but im not dumb and it has a nice even thick coat all over the area i was spraying

i honestly think a bedliner spray would of worked better

By the sounds of it, I don't think you did anything wrong. What you may have done was apply a product that wasn't necessary to treat the issue you are having.

Can you tell what the metal rattle and "ting" is coming from?

What is the level of your vibrations?

What you might need is to isolate/decouple the panel or part that is vibrating, i.e. apply some sort of foam or gasket type material between the rattling panel.

So again, I don't think you did anything wrong.

Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss this more in depth or want further help with the issue you are having.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

ya its hard to explain this totaly but under the car outside where the spare wheel well is you can still here the ting and feel the vibrations where most of the spectrum was applyed with matt i will get you pics next time i work on it and yes i do have some pannel rattle that i will be fixing that is not helping me pin point the problem i was trying to use it more as a deadner than a coating or to help the matt be more of a deadner so that could be my problem to

if my buddie has more when he is done i will try to apply more and see if that helps

not knocking the product at all just for my application it did not do much where i had HIGH hopes so that also contributes to me not being that impressed you know how that gos all exited about someting working and it does not do what you expect your kinda like awwww but that gos with anything

is yoru sub meant to be played IB? when you say sealed it off what does that mean?

i had some crazy sound like that i was unable to pin point and it ended up being a metal shield for the gas tank

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

itsa false floor that has been sealed to the spare wheel well making it a sealed box with just one piece of wood

i know where the noise is coming from its not a heat shield or a piece of random metal i have panel rattle that i cant pin point yet that needs to fixed

I had a very thick couple coats of spectrum sludge for reference and my roof still tore apart...if you have to use deadener i would use the peel and stick kind ;)

http://www.youtube.com/wondervanman#p/u/8/HH-eFjt6hxU

several layers of it.

Ahhh! Always with the "several layers of P&S"... <_<

Not to knock you or anything (cool vid by the way), but the video you posted provides people with an example of when not to use Spectrum as it will not be effective or useful.

Spectrum is an acoustical undercoating designed to reduce sheet metal resonance and structure borne noise. A CLD mat with a strong constraint layer will provide more rigidity and help much more than Spectrum that doesn't have such a layer.

Obviously since the welds broke and your roof was torn apart, no matter how much sound deadening you put on there wont help.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png