Sundown Audio

Warhorse power output...

mr.p

tracey focht? thats polecat if so. very good guy.

LOL I know who knows there shit LOL ;)

ive been around a long time and know some names is all.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I understand for the most part the wiring, its explained in the manual fairly well.

Line up for subs. with the warhorse. split the amp in half and subs in half...you now have 2 single amps with 4 single subs (voicecoils) now wire them as normal to get the proper impedance.

do the same for the other side and voila :shrug:

Link to the manual online somewhere? I did some googling and couldn't find anything that wasn't a dead link.

Basically I want to get this amp and run it at 4 Ohms. Due to alternator limitations I don't think I can run it at 10,000 watts @ 2 Ohms, but the 93% efficient 5000 watts sounds mighty appealing. (5400 watts input! 14.4 volt system that's only 375 amps required!) (correct me if my math is wrong please...)

Try kicker.com in the support section.

Also i would just wire at 2 ohm and use the limiter function to adjust for you lack of power behind it.

Limiter function? I will feel like 10 times less of a :noob: once I read this manual...

Manual read! I have been enlightened! Limiter function to save the freaking day.

heres my understanding okay...the amplifier drives the one coil from the push side and one from the pull side. SO only one coil is being used in each direction. Each coil is being pushed directly from a dc power supply and there is no traditional output section. It simply pushes and pulls with no switching of polarity or any of that crap...

So, here is the KICKER :pardon:

Is it pushing 5kw? or 10kw?

heres the second issue...

So now my sub is losing half of its L as it moving each direction off a different voicecoil? Im pretty tired but wtf am i missing here?

Given the way voice coils are wound (on top of each other) you are not losing a lot of motor force, although I agree it is happening and will cause a driver efficiency decrease compared to traditional amplification methods.

I dont think you can hook up two warhorses to a pair of common coils to "push" and "pull" on both, but it is something to look into for the next warhorse if kicker ever makes one :) It may be possible to modify a single warhorse but the issue keeping it from being simple is power from one side of the amplifier being fed to the other as the on/off phases each begin and end.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I disagree with kicker and you saying that it is not a huge diference, i think it would be VERY harmful to a sub to recieve 2500W of true power to only one of its coils. How the hell do they expect even a solox to take this, unless they have some super special edgewound copper coil? :pardon:

If this is true it is actually a design flaw that would keep this amp from being a monster that it is marketed to be. Also i got hold of tracy and he fwd my information and questions to a mr jeff brown who is an engineer, i was told he would call me and answer my questions but i have not received anything yet. Hopefully tomorrow i will get a neat phone call.

I do not understand why the reversing and running 2 warhorses would not work, as one coil is done receiving its pull the other amp would then take over and push on that coil. If they are adjusted properly this would be VERY VERY F%## cool :)

Tracy also said if i still have questions i could talk to a designed of the amp. :woot:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Good I'm glad he got back to you.

He is a great guy and he is the kinda of guy that will go out of his way to try and help.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

i just need to buy one and play with it, but if it doesnt putout 10kw, plus losing one coil per sub....plus 500$ in recones....

that amp just got real expensive...or i could just try and see if it turns on at .7 right? :rofl:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Still trying to find out?

What would be nice if someone had one of these, and another 5kw and a 10kw amp, and test these 3 amps side by side.

Same impedance, same voltage out, no clipping smooth signal, and test all 3 with 3 fresh subwoofers on a 20hz test tone and document findings.

how long the subwoofer survived and coil temp

I honestly think its not a problem though, really. By trade I'am a electrician, I work on commercial ovens, fryers, hot cases, and microwaves that are more advanced than most cars before 1990. The one part that this whole concept you are looking at reminds me of water solenoids and gas solenoids.

These are AC driven coils that react against a stationary magnet. These are the same thing, but instead of a 4 or 8 layer 3" coil, its more like a 10 layer 3/4" coil. These solenoids are usually ran off of 12v 24v 120v and 240v. Oddly the lower voltage solenoids are usually the ones that fail, not the 240v units. Even though the 240volt solenoids usually only have about 26-30gauge wire.

Anyways, your worried about the coils going bad, I dont think thats going to be a problem.

The concept that makes the connection with the water solenoid vs the warhorse, and how the coil push pull works, is the solenoids that run on AC, they open, and stay open. They are not cycling at 50/60hz It seems as if its a DC current, but its not. Its help in place on a push open, or pull closed concept.

Of course amperage is way different. 5amps @240v is a lot different than a car amp. All I'am saying is, the technology that the amp uses is obviously been around for years, and only recently been introduced to the audio field. Its possible the push pull design will slowly revolutionize audio?

Has there been a lot of bad reviews on this amp?

Has this amp been known to blow coils constantly?

is it shredding subwoofers apart?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived