Computer people: Need some advice.

trend micro is good too but can run a little resource heavy from past experience. not as bad as a norton or symantec home edition(corporate edition is really good though)but still a bit heavy.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I max out at 60 k's of ram being used. I rarely see it over 5% cpu but thats only when im updating it. I hate norton and crap-a-fee with a passion and refuse to use their shit. I would use symantec endpoint protection only as a last resort because it does a half decent job but ill still take my trend micro over anything else. Plus i have a 500 gig hard drive and 4 gigs of ram on a 2.3GHz intel core 2 duo for my laptop and it never slows down no matter what i do on it. Even though the video card is the worst thing about it because its a intel integrated card but it still does a damn good job.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i remember why i stay out of these threads.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

haha yea i hear ya on that one nate. Im just saying what i have used. so far i have used trend micro titanium maximum security (back then it was trend micro internet security pro), avg, microsoft security essentials (both versions), McAfee, Norton Antivirus with goback, Norton internet security, Kapersky (sp?), and some other program i cant remember because it was so long ago. And of them all i would rate them as follows for protection with 1 being the best and 8 being the worst.

1.) Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security

2.) AVG

3.) Microsoft Security Essentials

4.) McAfee

5.) Kapersky

6.) Norton Internet Security

7.) Norton Antivirus with goback

8.) that other program i dont remember. lol

Of all them i had trend micro catch everything automatically and delete it right off the bat and it doesnt go ape shit with blocking stupid things like some other programs will. I had several problems with AVG, Microsoft Security Essentials, and McAfee where it would let malware and trojans in the computer like theres no tomorrow. Even on my dads computer where he wouldnt do anything but go online and check his work email he still got them all the time. They were easy for me to remove manually from the registry but still a pain and a waste of time to have to do that. Norton was somewhat alright but it had issues with running the scans, hogging the resources on the pc up big time, updating itself, and protecting you. Also goback is by far the worst thing i ever had. Whenever the computer crashed go back tried to fix it for you and made it 1000000 times worse.

But hey its up to you, im just telling you what i run and what i prefer of all the ones on the market.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Should just buy a mac... Problem solved

power-rangers-facepalm-space-delimited-demotivational-poster-1249607259.jpg

yeah because they're so untouchable :peepwall::ehh:

EDIT: i also use 'your uninstaller' to uninstall things completely from my computer. i know you can do it through the regedit, but this is easier and makes sure i get everything. it also has some other nifty features as well

Should just buy a mac... Problem solved

power-rangers-facepalm-space-delimited-demotivational-poster-1249607259.jpg

yeah because they're so untouchable :peepwall::ehh:

Much less susceptible... And are shiny

Not only are they shiny, with every model they come out with, they get .0000001 inches thinner and they jack up the prices another $250 for it. haha stupid Steve Jobs

Archived