Sonic Electronix

So my friend bought 2 12" Kicker CVR's D2 about 3 months ago ran them for awhile off barely any power, then they sounded like there was a tapping noise (like almost like blown but they still bumped.) So I said probably tinsel leads or blown coil, take them out measure on the DMM read a perfect 2ohms each side. So I move the sub up and down free air and i feel no rub or anything, check the tinsel leads to the terminals no appearant slapping. I look through the air gap and the coils are bright copper.

So we hook it up freeair it at RMS and we hair the noise sounds pretty bad freeaired not too bad in a box. What could it be and is it fixable? and what does forevrbmpn charge for his recones?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

So how do I fix it?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

So my friend bought 2 12" Kicker CVR's D2 about 3 months ago ran them for awhile off barely any power, then they sounded like there was a tapping noise (like almost like blown but they still bumped.) So I said probably tinsel leads or blown coil, take them out measure on the DMM read a perfect 2ohms each side. So I move the sub up and down free air and i feel no rub or anything, check the tinsel leads to the terminals no appearant slapping. I look through the air gap and the coils are bright copper.

So we hook it up freeair it at RMS and we hair the noise sounds pretty bad freeaired not too bad in a box. What could it be and is it fixable? and what does forevrbmpn charge for his recones?

LOL they're CVR's. Dont recone. You can find them online for like 70 bucks.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

This sounds like a spider issue I have dealt with on Kicker subs before.

With your fingers push the cone out as far as you can. The push it back in and pull it back out.

Try and do it with a decent amount of speed behind it when you push the cone out.

Tell me if the spider makes a popping sound.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

add foam where they slap the cone if that is what it is. also be sure no dustcap is loose that is also a problem.

I do not recommend this, it changes the parameters of the subwoofer. I bought some infinitys that had foam on one and not the other from a friend doing that and you could clearly tell which one had the foam on it just by watching the excursion.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

add foam where they slap the cone if that is what it is. also be sure no dustcap is loose that is also a problem.

I do not recommend this, it changes the parameters of the subwoofer. I bought some infinitys that had foam on one and not the other from a friend doing that and you could clearly tell which one had the foam on it just by watching the excursion.

Lol, are you serious?

THe MMs of the driver will probably higher then 200g and adding about 0.5g of foam won't change the parameters that much.

Something else was wrong with the driver or you used a LOT .

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I know they're CVR's you seriously think im going to use them? lol They're for a friend and they're brand new only $70 for the pair kid literally bought them had a slapping sound and gave me them for hella cheap. I figured why not, We held the tinsel leads while it freeaired and it still slapped so I dont think its that, I moved it up and down and didnt notice ANY spider problems...

Ugh pain in my ass. Weird thing is they BOTH do it, not just the one so im lead ot believe its not a "simple" problem, the kid said they didnt ALWAYS do it but you never know.

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga