Sonic Electronix

you are wrong, voltage drops.

you're trying to be running right?

set your amp so the output is 20volts.

connect a 2ohm speaker, the voltage will stay at around 20volts.

connect an 8ohm speaker instead, the voltage will still be 20volts, but the current will be 1/4, and so will the power.

its basic electronics.

You are wrong, voltage drops.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

To: Theydontwantmusic, why do u feel that its necessary to start an argument in every topic that you post in?

I'm not arguing, I'm stating facts.

No you're just being a smartass that thinks that he knows everything and completely refuses to consider other peoples opinions

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

It really depends on your electrical, your knowledge and experience, and the type of amp you have.

If your electrical is not up to par, wiring at .5 ohms is never a good idea.

If you are asking this question in the first place, you probably don't have the knowledge and experience to safely wire an amp at .5 ohms for daily.

If you have an amp that's 1 ohm stable, it's 1 ohm stable. Some amps can handle lower impedance's fine, some amps won't even turn on or will go straight into protect as soon as they see an ohm load below it's stable ohm load.

TL;DR, it can be done, but you shouldn't do it.

4 pages of arguing and nobody read my post? What a shame

HELLO!!! can I get help t 4000 Rockford Steve ran his at .7

No, the amp won't run at .5 ohms. Depending on lots of different variables you may be above that with imp. rise and be ok. You need to build your box and check what your rise is to find out.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

you are wrong, voltage drops.

you're trying to be running right?

set your amp so the output is 20volts.

connect a 2ohm speaker, the voltage will stay at around 20volts.

connect an 8ohm speaker instead, the voltage will still be 20volts, but the current will be 1/4, and so will the power.

its basic electronics.

You are wrong, voltage drops.

So, who's right? Should be easy enough to replicate this with a 40 Hz test tone on a CD, an amp, a dual 4 ohm DVC woofer, and two DMMs. Report back with your findings (pictures are always good). I bet someone learns something . . .

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

HELLO!!! can I get help t 4000 Rockford Steve ran his at .7

the amplifier doesn't appear to have any form of short circuit protection, so I'd be inclined to suggest you should run it at 1ohm for music.

however, you could choose subs so you can run it at 2 ohm daily, and wire it down to 0.5ohm for burps.

what subs were you considering running?

So, who's right? Should be easy enough to replicate this with a 40 Hz test tone on a CD, an amp, a dual 4 ohm DVC woofer, and two DMMs. Report back with your findings (pictures are always good). I bet someone learns something . . .

are you saying you don't know? which is fine, or are you just wanting MrSkippy to find out for himself?

the voltage may drop slightly at the 2ohm wiring compared to 8ohm because of the greater load on the amplifiers internal power supply, if the voltage drops significantly, it suggests the powersupply is inadequate for the amplifier.

I always find this calculator quite handy.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-ohm.htm

Archived