Sonic Electronix

To: Theydontwantmusic, why do u feel that its necessary to start an argument in every topic that you post in?

I'm not arguing, I'm stating facts.

No you're just being a smartass that thinks that he knows everything and completely refuses to consider other peoples opinions

facts>opinions

So you mean to tell me everything that you think is a fact? Why does Steve Meade own this site, because clearly you know more than anyone him or anybody else, I'm actually shocked why your name isn't on the website.

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

HELLO!!! can I get help t 4000 Rockford Steve ran his at .7

ill answer your question but it will sound a bit weird. if you have to ask if your subwoofers will rise over 1 ohm when being wired to .5, then dont do it. im being completely honest here. wire to 1 ohm and be done with it. there is a lot of retarded controversy over the impedance rise subject and this thread is proof of how out of hand it can get.

Ok Seriously why arguing I need fucking help damn ...., sub I want 4 not sure which ones yet I'm trying to plan

Just don't listen to theydontwantmusic, there are SOO many more people with more intelligence and better advice for you than him.

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

So, who's right? Should be easy enough to replicate this with a 40 Hz test tone on a CD, an amp, a dual 4 ohm DVC woofer, and two DMMs. Report back with your findings (pictures are always good). I bet someone learns something . . .

are you saying you don't know? which is fine, or are you just wanting MrSkippy to find out for himself?

He knows, probably better than 99.9% of people here. He is waiting for me to eat my words. I can't eat my words right now, to late and dark.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ok Seriously why arguing I need fucking help damn ...., sub I want 4 not sure which ones yet I'm trying to plan

I gave my answer:

the amplifier doesn't appear to have any form of short circuit protection, so I'd be inclined to suggest you should run it at 1ohm for music.

however, you could choose subs so you can run it at 2 ohm daily, and wire it down to 0.5ohm for burps.

what subs were you considering running?

ight OP dont do it. there is way way to many variables(as stated throghout) it will put out plenty of power at 1ohm. and if you wanted to do it. your electrical would need to be perfect. not good but no voltage drop at all.(at least thats how i understand it)

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

i just feel like this started as a: "i saw steve meade do it with his 10+ years experience and even without the experience i should be able to do it too thread, but now its a bash back and forth thread and OP is just lost in it

i think if someone bases their equipment and what they want to do off it strictly on steve did this in a vid, we should all leave thew thread, its nice to inspire, but we have all seen the multitude of noobs say, well steve did it why cant i and even after explanation they dont want to do the research to do things properly

wait im noob, i have no idea what im saying

OK to Edgar the OP.

I have been doing this many many years, and even with my resources and experience, when setting up a daily music system, I never use voice coil configurations that drop the final impedance below the lowest recommended load for the amplifier. It just runs so much safer and more reliable.

Another reason is because the lower the impedance, the less efficient the amp performs, and the quicker it will start to distort.

Another reason is that the gain in power is so small, that you will never hear the difference, there is only a possibility to SEE a difference in SPL competition. So it is not worth it in daily music applications.

So with that said. I understand that you want 4 woofers to 1 amp that is 1ohm stable and 1 channel.

(correct if wrong)

So you can do 4) Dual 2 ohm coiled woofers.

Each woofer has dual coils wired in series for 4 ohms each woofer.

The parallel all of the woofers together for 1 ohm total.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion