Sonic Electronix

ed in for some good advice =) any more to come ?

i too suggest never dropping below recommended load for the amp and i wouldnt go under 1 ohm daily, unless you either have tons of experience or pay for the good amps that are made to handle it and have the experience

as many say, if your asking your not ready, to an extent of course we all will have questions, but experience breeds knowledge any way you look at it, and that coupled with research is definitely a good way to go

This kind of shit between theydontwantmusic and kranny makes me not want to read these threads sometimes... Sometimes it's good to be factual, sometimes it's good to stretch the truth and save someone's equipment from eternal damnation. I think you're both half right, half wrong... just my .02.

OP, trust us. Don't drop below rated impedance. Save your amps. Impedance rise is really tricky, and you got to be sure you're right and willing to toast your setup if you're wrong.

Do not use impedance rise to justify a setup.

0.5 ohms is a lot lower than 0.7 than you think, and the gains in the end would be minimal.

um, who the fuck am I kidding??? Let the mud fly :popcorn:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

listen to Ed, he knows his stuff better than most. Just because someone did this or that, doesn't mean you can. So play it safe, and later on down the road, after you've learned enough to where you won't even have to ask questions like this, then you can try it. But for now, get 4 Dual 2ohm subwoofers, build a good box, and be happy with the bass! :D

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

x2 on what has said about not going below 1 ohm. the 4k is already power hungry as it is. To the OP; What do you have for electrical upgrades?

Good Choice. 4k is already a ton of power, you won't be disappointed. What subs are you thinking about going with? Don't think you have said yet. Vehicle?

Dc 270 and going to order the batteries ill will do the extra upgrades to get the power but don't wanna sacrifice anything so I'm not going go since it won't be that safe my amp cost alot alrdy

Highly recommend the big 3 upgrade if you haven't done so already.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Dc 270 and going to order the batteries ill will do the extra upgrades to get the power but don't wanna sacrifice anything so I'm not going go since it won't be that safe my amp cost alot alrdy

Highly recommend the big 3 upgrade if you haven't done so already.

to add to this, do it and all the other wiring in 0gauge. It is a must!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Subs not sure yet and unfortunately I don't have a truck so in a Toyota camry thinking sealed box. I do have big 3 done alrdy just looking for subs I want to spend around 1000 for all 4. I saw some alpine type Rs I just to have L7 15s ported 2 of them. But I want something different where I'm from I'm the only one that actualy has a system so I havent heard many subs

Archived