DC Sound Lab

dc level 3 15S questions?

Man unless you are planning on losing the back seat and building a wall then I have to recommend going with 2 XL 12s and building a proper ported box that fits in your trunk instead of just trying to stuff a shit ton of subs in the trunk and having it not sound like you want. Another option is to fire the subs and port into the car and seal the trunk, THIS will yield your best results.

If you need prices on subs just shoot me a PM and ill be glad to help you out. But we are looking at about 6 weeks until the motors are back in stock for all subs.

Man unless you are planning on losing the back seat and building a wall then I have to recommend going with 2 XL 12s and building a proper ported box that fits in your trunk instead of just trying to stuff a shit ton of subs in the trunk and having it not sound like you want. Another option is to fire the subs and port into the car and seal the trunk, THIS will yield your best results.

If you need prices on subs just shoot me a PM and ill be glad to help you out. But we are looking at about 6 weeks until the motors are back in stock for all subs.

x164839291919

Edgar, I don't think you realize how loud XL 12s can get.(maybe you do) I would pick 2 xl 12s over 6 low power 12s any day.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Also the Level 3 15s will work just fine in a sealed enclosure. DC recommends 2.17ft3 per sub which includes sub displacement. But if you are dead set on wanting 4 subs, I see no reason that you couldnt fit 4 Level 3 12s in your trunk sealed or ported. With your amp you are not going to see 4kw after rise and voltage drop so I dont think you have to worry about overpowering the subs, especially if you have an oscope and know how to set your gains to supply clean power. For the Level 3 12s you want 1ft3 per sub sealed and 1,5ft3 per sub port plus sub and port displacements according to which type box you choose. Personally I am going to be building a wall of 6 Level 3 15s in my truck and giving each pair its own 2k amp and with clean power there should be no issues whatsoever.

Ya amp is underrated I would get level 4s but go ported if you stay with lvl 3s I would get a smaller amp that amp is to much that's almost double the power they recommend

have any of u heard of impedance rise? plus the box hes puttin them in they could handle 1300rms a piecee of clean power no problem in 1.5cu ft.. if he knos wat he is doing. ya the amp should do 4500+rms @ 1 but after rise it will be 2ohm or greater.. sealed boxes dont rise much but u still have 4 subs in small boxes.. id say give them all the clean power u can but make sure box is strong cause it might grenade on the lows!

have any of u heard of impedance rise? plus the box hes puttin them in they could handle 1300rms a piecee of clean power no problem in 1.5cu ft.. if he knos wat he is doing. ya the amp should do 4500+rms @ 1 but after rise it will be 2ohm or greater.. sealed boxes dont rise much but u still have 4 subs in small boxes.. id say give them all the clean power u can but make sure box is strong cause it might grenade on the lows!

yes we all have heard of box rise. dont even try to start that fucking topic because this thread will turn to shit REAL QUICK. i havent read every response but what is the point of trying to fit multiple 15's in a camry? just go with 2 high powered 12's and be done with it. you're going to end up choking woofers when you try to stuff them in the trunk

yes we all have heard of box rise. dont even try to start that fucking topic because this thread will turn to shit REAL QUICK. i havent read every response but what is the point of trying to fit multiple 15's in a camry? just go with 2 high powered 12's and be done with it. you're going to end up choking woofers when you try to stuff them in the trunk

I think that his comment was directed towards a particular post and not the general population here. While most here know about imp rise, there are still noobs that dont understand that you just arent gonna get a true 4k from a 4k amp under most circumstances.