Sonic Electronix

I have 4 runs of knu 1/0, not the flexible stuff. but I dont have mine covered up just zip tied to the frame. no problems yet and its been that way since October. It looked fine last time I was under there, I check the zip ties out every time its parked inside to make sure none broke and they are rubbing on anything.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

• 3 weeks later...

can you not find a good spot that wont get hot and burn the electrical conduit? Because what i would say to do is get some of that gray electrical conduit pipe and run your wires through that. Then to anchor and bend it (bending will be a pain in the ass tho) get some metal brackets that are stainless steel and bolt them down into the metal of your truck. If you can i would use nuts and bolts to hold the pipe in place. Then like the other guys said on here use some of the expanding foam.

Now what i personally did for when i ran my wires through the firewall on my truck and car, i sealed it off tightly by using some of the weather putty they have when you put a hvac system on your house. Like if you go outside of your house (if you have central air), look at where the condensor and power wires go through the wall of your house. Around the wires and the tube there will be like a rubbery weather putty that is very strong. I have used the same chunk of putty on both my cars (the putty i have is over 2 years old and it is still like its brand new) and i have not had any leaks with it what so ever. I would prefer to use the putty over expanding foam as the foam will break down when it get weathered where the putty from what ive seen and tested holds up really great. Now the putty from what i have seen is bad when you hit it with sunlight as it dries it up fast but under your truck i highly doubt that will happen at all.

You can get the putty at home-depot, lowes, or any other hardware store like that. They sell it in a brick looking shape and it is usually gray in color but can come in black too. It is usually wrapped in white wax paper and goes for about $2-3.

I wouldnt really run pvc piping because like you said it can build up with all the road crap and plus i find pvc is easier to melt than the electrical conduits they make (even though they are both pvc)

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress