Wrong Sub! FTL

nickfs442

Hey Nick, my friend Aaron from Iowa bought a Fi Q 12 fully loaded Dual 2. He got the amp from a friend and I tried lookin up the name of the amp and when we found it.. it said one ohm stable. But we looked at it again and it is only 2 ohm stable. So would we need the Dual 1 option instead? Would we just have to pay shipping? The sub has not been hooked up at all. Thank you, we do not want to be putting only 750 to it.

The amp is Memphis 16-MCD1500.

cougarlogobaby.png

2 18's Wall Build Under Construction

My YouTube

2000 Mercury Cougar Build Log

sounds like someone needs to order another q or pay for a recone to me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Sorry man..don't have steel to trade the sub out.

You'll have to either get a recone and do it yourself or order one and have us do it for you.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Im pretty sure u'd pay shipping and pay to get it reconed, even though it has not been hooked up. It would cost them money to take it apart, and take parts off the shelve to switch it to a D1. Another thing, did you make it universal?

I'd tell your friend to save up and get himself a 1-ohm stable amp.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

just connect it to the amp at 1ohm.

worst that could happen is the amp dies, then he can buy a suitable amp!

So lets just tell someone to be a negligent dumba** thats FN stupid... If you arent going to contribute worthy answers then STFU

I would send it back OP thats pretty much your only option bro and that really sux

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

just connect it to the amp at 1ohm.

worst that could happen is the amp dies, then he can buy a suitable amp!

So lets just tell someone to be a negligent dumba** thats FN stupid... If you arent going to contribute worthy answers then STFU

I would send it back OP thats pretty much your only option bro and that really sux

wow, what an unintelligent response, not what I would have expected at all <_<

anyway, there will most likely be no issue running the amp at 1ohm anyway, but if there is, its a crappy amp to begin with!

what is the amp?

if you read the first post he told you what it was. and its most certainly not an amp that likes to be ran at 1 ohm.

also how are you going to feel if the kid blows up his amp because he listens to you and runs it below rated? Are you going to replace it? Probably not. so now the kid is out of an amp and is going to have to replace it all because he listened to your advice. Remember its not about what you would do. Ive gathered you know enough about electronics that you know whats a good idea and whats not. Its about helping someone who doesnt seem to have the same knowledge level and is really looking for advice.

Thats why I'll never recommend any one to run below rated. Yes i know with impedence rise and blah blah this and blah blah that it will be the determining factors but I'm not recommending anything to anyone that goes against manufacturers recommendations. I dont want to have to hear about how my advice caused some one who didnt know better to damage their equipment.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Sounds like wrong amp not wrong sub to me. Lol just sell the amp and get anew one.

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

Archived