Wrong Sub! FTL

nickfs442

There are alot of 1 ohm stable amps that would be perfect. Actually it seems to be the new trend. I would probably have in either run the amp @ 1 ohm with the gain reduced,or invest in a decent class d mono 1 ohm amp. There are tons out there to be had for a decent price.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

heres the problem. You're the only one who thinks you're right. Blow up the amp and then buy a suitable amp? why? He could sell the amp and help offset the cost of the new amp. Or spend half the money recone it and call it a learning experience. 3dbs is twice as loud to the human ear. thats not a big difference to you? Oh wait I forgot you know everything and I don't need to explain that to you. thats why you come off as an arrogant cocky prick.

10dB is perceived twice as loud, not 3dB

I also edited a previous post I made.

heres the problem. You're the only one who thinks you're right. Blow up the amp and then buy a suitable amp? why? He could sell the amp and help offset the cost of the new amp. Or spend half the money recone it and call it a learning experience. 3dbs is twice as loud to the human ear. thats not a big difference to you? Oh wait I forgot you know everything and I don't need to explain that to you. thats why you come off as an arrogant cocky prick.

actually depending on what resource you look at you are right. 3 is doubling of acoustical output i guess is the term you could use.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

actually depending on what resource you look at you are right. 3 is doubling of acoustical output i guess is the term you could use.

3dB is what you get if you double the power, or double the cone area, yes, but its not what we perceive as double as loud :)

but as my edited post says, run it at 4ohm daily, it makes sense, the amp will be cooler, and you'll barely notice the difference.

if you want to enter SPL competitions, wire it at 1ohm for burps ;)

thanks guys, I know I'll probably have to get a recone. Thats what I figured anyway. I'm pretty sure he wont sell his amp though. lol recone it is! I'm building his box for him at the moment anyway so the wait will be fine.

cougarlogobaby.png

2 18's Wall Build Under Construction

My YouTube

2000 Mercury Cougar Build Log

3db is all in your imagination :drink40:

sell the amp it will offset the cost on a nice new more powerful amp...

no many amps today that are class d monoblocks run at 2 ohm...

yea the cheap ones might be 2 ohms.. but the good ones...never.. thats where you're wrong.. its more like 98% of class d amps are 1 ohm stable

But...if its stable at 1 ohm then isn't it also stable at 2 ohm?

Possibly look into some used kicker amps or the BDCP amps from RF

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived