Hotdog Posted April 16, 2011 Author Report Posted April 16, 2011 midbass has been something i have been working on in my car for a little while now so i cant comment. however, staging and height are fucking great. I heard so much about how to get mid-bass that I don't know what is right. I thought it was a phasing issue that can be corrected with time alignment. Cant you adjust the time alignment with the ms-8 manually? (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
skittlesRgood Posted April 17, 2011 Report Posted April 17, 2011 midbass has been something i have been working on in my car for a little while now so i cant comment. however, staging and height are fucking great. I heard so much about how to get mid-bass that I don't know what is right. I thought it was a phasing issue that can be corrected with time alignment. Cant you adjust the time alignment with the ms-8 manually? no. thats part of the auto tune. my latest way to get more punch from my midbass was to put 500w to each speaker. ive had my ms8 for a little while now and my front stage changed a lot from when i got it. i dont exactly remember my first impressions of what changed. nor did/do i have much of a clue on how to EQ correctly so it was a slow process, noting just changed over night. except staging was immediately clear. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Hotdog Posted April 17, 2011 Author Report Posted April 17, 2011 ok.. thanks for the info on the MS-8 I guess I need to do some reading up on what the other signal processors are capable of. I would like something like the auto tune but also have the option to go in and fine tune it manually also. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Monergist Posted April 28, 2011 Report Posted April 28, 2011 If you use an MS-8, will you still achieve the same SPL? 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Pioneer AVH-P5200BT Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5 Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s) Audison Voce AV K6 Component System Audison VRX 4.300 Audison VRX 2.250 Sundown 4500D SMD 15" XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk) Monster XLN-201 RCAs DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator
AI James Posted April 28, 2011 Report Posted April 28, 2011 just dont hook your sub up during auto tune, then it doesnt tune your subs
LT.Smoke Posted April 28, 2011 Report Posted April 28, 2011 You could also attempt to locate an Alpine H-701 as well. I have one and its great and user friendly Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.