Second Skin Audio

port question

05dodge

Square port and slot port are the same... You mean the difference between an aeroport and slot port?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Port area is port area. As long as the numbers are the same it should matter the shape. square or rectangle.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Port area is port area. As long as the numbers are the same it should matter the shape. square or rectangle.

Actually shape does affect port noise, port drag, and overall port length.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

How come then when i use the port calculator above if I chose square for the length I get one number and one freq. And then if I chose slotted and use the same freq I get a total different port length. If port area is port area and it dont matter just asking. Just dont wanna think im tuneing my box to 48 to later to find out that its at 39. Thats the reason i asked what the differance between square and slotted ports.

i would use the torres caclulator. its probably more accurate.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Archived