Alternator for Acura Integra!

Well thanks to the damn earthquake in japan parts for my Alt will take for ever to get to DC Power, I had ordered a 320A Alt from them but since its taking for ever Im getting my money back. They are not even sure when they are getting parts to it and I basically wasted a month waiting for them. <_<

One option would be to go with Mechman, they have it shipped with in a week. It would be a 220A with voltage regular for the same price as i would of gotten my 320.

I want to check other places to see what my other options would be.

Does any one know of another good place to get a HO alternator from? Budget is around $550

Any help would be great THANKS! :drinks:

mechman cant give you a more competitive price? humm that stanger, also why cant they build the same alt as dc would have?

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

They are different companies they most likely don't use same parts. But if a DC 180 can support 3000rms I don't see why a mechman 220 can't do more with proper battery bank.

Edited by crunkjuice1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

I would stay away from power bastards. See if mechman can do a 300 for you. As far as I know he did one for redbaron's integra

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I was real happy with Excessive for my 200 amp...but I believe he told me thats as high as mine can go in the same case. something to think about if the teg uses the same case as the prelude, but you probably were going to get a bigger case for the 320

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Don't know if they have your model, but you can try Excessive Amperage & Power Bastards.

yeah heard of some bad experiences from them....

mechman cant give you a more competitive price? humm that stanger, also why cant they build the same alt as dc would have?

what they told me was that the belt would slip so theres no point, it wouldnt fit either

Ohio Generator maybe?

I would talk to mechman before anything else, though. Just tell him what you need and see what he can do.

Yup talked to Ohio Gen. they are gonna make me one :yahoo: 300A, bigger case and will need some washers and bending of a bracket to fit other than that it should do 200A at idle and 300 at higher RPM's. just waiting for DC to refund my $$$ to my account, takes 2-3 business days

They are different companies they most likely don't use same parts. But if a DC 180 can support 3000rms I don't see why a mechman 220 can't do more with proper battery bank.

it would be cutting it close with the 180-220, damn car it gonna sit low on the rear already lol

I would stay away from power bastards. See if mechman can do a 300 for you. As far as I know he did one for redbaron's integra

mechman said..."the belt would slip so theres no point, it wouldnt fit either"

Mike singer singeralternators.com

yup contacted him too, he said he could do a 200 no problem, actually all the companies i called said a 200 would fit no problem. mike said it would take some fabricating on my part to make it fit, i emailed him asking how much exactly and havent replied yet....

Ill prob end up getting the Ohio Generator one, they have it ready to go in a matter of days so not much waiting.

THANKS FOR THE HELP! :drinks:

Edited by BeatBox

Funny. I don't think redbaron has belt slip.... But maybe you can do 2 x 220's instead

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones