Sundown Audio

0.25 ohm stable?

bassrace

If you want more power, get a bigger amp. That amp will probably drop to like 40% efficiency at .25 ohm. If you do it, crack an egg open on top of your amp, it'll probably get hot enough to fry it before it blows.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I love how ppl say if you want more power get a bigger amp.lol . Really i never thought of that.... O yes i did read my posts. First of all this was just for fun really i had this amp for a coupl years and was just wonderin what it was capable of. Even if it was stable at a .25ohm i doubt i would even push it there. My amp is stable daily at .5ohm so i was like shyt im sure someone has ran this amp that loww i guess no one has. Oooo welll too bad

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Of course no one has. You're expecting too much from a max rated amplifier. And have you run the amp at .5 ohm? I've seen it done only a handful of times, for short periods of times. Not all were successful.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Its your amp, run it at .25 and tell us what happened, we need someone to test it so the next time someone asks this question we can tell him how it would turn out :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

depends on your imp rise.. if you have a high rise then iot wouldnt be any different then running another amp on 1 ohm with low rise.. My box has high rise and i run my ams at .25 to make up for some of it...

Vote for May SOTM!!!!

uild log---------> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104017-sierra-on-26s-20000-watts-daily-pics/

Kenwood Excelon HU

4 18" Atomic APX

4 RD D9s

4 DC Power 270xp alts

9 xs d1400 batts

Team XSPower

Team SecondSkin

Bassrace strikes again.. :P

Don't do .25ohm daily, even with great amps you are still running a few risks even with perfect electricals.

If you want to try it out, be my guest, i guess it will blow or go into protect before powering on.

Outsideshot23, do you know what "impedance "rise"" is? :)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Don't do .25ohm daily, even with great amps you are still running a few risks even with perfect electricals.

If you want to try it out, be my guest, i guess it will blow or go into protect before powering on.

I don't think 95% of people that talk about impedance rise know what impedance rise or box rise are. Even worse, I don't think they realize that impedance rise isn't a worry in daily. Box rise is the only thing people should care about for music, as enclosure efficiency can determine everything.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

I don't think 95% of people that talk about impedance rise know what impedance rise or box rise are. Even worse, I don't think they realize that impedance rise isn't a worry in daily. Box rise is the only thing people should care about for music, as enclosure efficiency can determine everything.

music?

You meant burps.

music?

You meant burps.

No, I meant music.

Wiring down low is to combat impedance rise, which only matters for burps, but box rise matters for both burps and music. A box with less rise is a more efficient box and will help you get the most out of a setup. That's why people will pay others for good efficient box designs, or why some people will build a dozen different boxes for 1 sub until they find what they like. It goes along with the term 10% equipment 90% install.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

No, I meant music.

Wiring down low is to combat impedance rise, which only matters for burps, but box rise matters for both burps and music. A box with less rise is a more efficient box and will help you get the most out of a setup. That's why people will pay others for good efficient box designs, or why some people will build a dozen different boxes for 1 sub until they find what they like. It goes along with the term 10% equipment 90% install.

Oh, in that way.

A box doesn't get's more efficient by lowering the rise.

It just means you get more power, it's not getting more efficient.

More efficient means more dB/watt.

I agree with building a box to combat rise, but to a certain extent. Wiring below 1 ohmis useless, amps get way less efficient below 1 ohm and it adds a lot more stress to the amp and subwoofer since it's sending more amps thru the subwoofer.

Archived