O.k. along with some other electrical issues that i think i have figured out i have two questions that i'm hoping someone with a little more experience can help out with. I have an 07 Impala, i bought a 300 amp Iraggi amputator and have the big three and all my power and ground runs have been done with 0/1, also have an Optima yellow top under the hood and a XS 5100 in the trunk, when i replaced my stock alt i did see a improvement in my voltage but nothing like i have read other people achieving. Now my first question is about grounding my alt, when i replaced the stock alt i didn't have a factory ground on it so i assumed that the alt was ground internally should i add a ground and would that help see a little more voltage? I know the computer in my car is a big issue because i have had a couple people tell me that my cars computer will not allow the system to charge until it sees 12.9 volts, i have looked into getting a VCM or a MLA but they don't have anything for a 2 wire alt plug. My second question is location of power hook up to the rear battery, I have the power hooked up from my front battery to my rear like i have always done positive to positive but was wondering if it would be better to hook up the power for the rear battery directly off the alt instead of the front battery positive would this be better for giving the rear battery a better charge or should i just leave as is? System consists of a Crescendo 3KWP and a 1000 C4, all advice is appreciated thanks.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

It suck, thats why i figured i would ask and see what other peoples thoughts were. I'm going to add a second battery in the back but just wanted to see if maby there something else i could do that would help my situation.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

the alt is grounded through the engine block ground. and i dont see any reason to hook rear batt straight to alt.

how many volts do you get at the batt with nothing on when your car is running?

Peep my tunes...

'99 Audi A4 Q 1.8t

Knu 1/0 Big 3

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 HU

US Amps Merlin MD2D 2ohm @ 1000w RMS

1x RE SX10D4 in custom ported 1" MDF box 1.25cf @ 34hz

4x Audiobahn 90w RMS 4" 2-ways

2x Kenwood Excelon 110w RMS 6x9 3-ways

2x Stock Bose high door tweets

the alt is grounded through the engine block ground. and i dont see any reason to hook rear batt straight to alt.

i have 4 runs of power from my alt going to the back and 1 from my front batt... along with 1 ground from my alt, and 1 from my front batt to the back, and i have my batts in the back grounded 4 times...... 1 per batt in the back.

1 positive run per battery in the back.

so you are saying my setup is wrong?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I think i have my problem solved, my XS 5100 was needing a charge took it back to the shop i bought it from and they charged it up for me. I also just picked up two Deka agm 31's all is looking good now, the only thing i need to do now is build a new amp rack, had to take the old one out to put the batteries in. I think i'm going to change the belt on my alt as well, think i might be getting a little slipage , but voltage is back up whare it was 13.09/14.02.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

i have 4 runs of power from my alt going to the back and 1 from my front batt... along with 1 ground from my alt, and 1 from my front batt to the back, and i have my batts in the back grounded 4 times...... 1 per batt in the back.

i never said anything was WRONG, are you saying every system should be setup exactly like yours to make it RIGHT?

Edited by kweezinarts

Peep my tunes...

'99 Audi A4 Q 1.8t

Knu 1/0 Big 3

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 HU

US Amps Merlin MD2D 2ohm @ 1000w RMS

1x RE SX10D4 in custom ported 1" MDF box 1.25cf @ 34hz

4x Audiobahn 90w RMS 4" 2-ways

2x Kenwood Excelon 110w RMS 6x9 3-ways

2x Stock Bose high door tweets

i never said anything was WRONG, are you saying every system should be setup exactly like yours to make it RIGHT?

no, but the way you were wording it, made it sound like using a power wire from the alt to a back batt is bad... which its not..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones