MP3 Clipping - Bad or not?

make sure you know how to spell first.

Technically, he didn't make a spelling error. "Your" is a word. He just made a grammar mistake..IJS....

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

the abbreviation for equipment is epuip. not equipt. just cause he is you butt buddy don't make him right.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

no your a complete jack ass. I would put money on every single person on this website having some amount of clipping on their system at one time or another. whether it's the song or amp settings. just because you clip once doesn't mean your system will fry.

and if your trying to call some one dumb, make sure you know how to spell first.

What did i spell wrong? And i clip every day, but not enough to damage anything. But do you really think the OP knows what he is doing well enough to know his limits? Don't you think it is better to tell him to avoid clipping rather than wasting everyones time by going as in depth as possible, especially when chances are he is just going to get confused.

Granted i don't assure he is mentally inept, it really is a lot to take in to truly understand limits and how to find them.

I do agree with one thing though, i AM a jack ass. :good:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

the abbreviation for equipment is epuip. not equipt.

just cause he is you butt buddy don't make him right.

Bahaha...okay :lol:

I find it ironic that you're correcting others' English :P

Edit: Wutevz (did I abbreviate that correctly?), I'm done.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

lmao you guys don't even know clipping does not harm your equipment? shouldn't some one who has been on a car audio forum as long as you do know that by now? the heat caused by it is all that might damage something. I would guarantee both of you clip at one point

thats also whyi said if you oscoped it at its hardest clip you should be fine with soft clip..I would just rather have no clip at all.. But soft clip shouldn't hurt anything..I just dislike all clipping is all LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

LOL ok mr ranter. Obviously you have not understood the point of my thread. And the reason I keep asking is because I have not got a definitive answer. I know what clipping in general is. But I was trying to understand hard vs soft clipping and the music of today being distorted/clipped. I am not STUPID as you make me seem. Boy do I LOVE the internet. Im trying to understand peoples view points and understand somethings. I am trying to spark discussion on the topic. Soft vs Hard clipping and Mp3 compression, etc. And even the sense of the loudness war. Jesus get off your high horse.

And Dc Derrick and torres have givin input into the discussion and I am happy for it. I come with respect. I am not here to bash. I am here to learn. You live and learn.

2 Sundown Audio SA-10s

Box built by Speed of Sound

Kicker 1500.1

Infinity Ref 475a

Rockford Fosgate T1682c 6x8s

Pioneer Premier DEH-510UB

XS Power D6500

Stock 130amp Alt

Big 3

Build Log

Clipping can damage equipment in the long run, be smart with the volume knob if you know it clips, don't play songs that are audibly clipped i.e. Gucci's "Swing My Door" & E-40 ft. Tech N9ne "Fried". Follow this and you shall be fine.

/thread

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I think somebody else on here wrote that same tutorial out....it doesn't actually really fix the clipping

IIRC, you need to learn how to use the envelope tool and go 1 by 1 on each clipped note and fix it...that way above is false, if it really fixed clipping then why does Swing My Door still clip? B/C its badly clipped from the beginning! You will still have the distortion, it just won't move out the range.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Hmmm...something to think about then.

I use Sound Forge myself so I didn't know about Audacity.

We need someone experienced with Audacity to chime in.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Archived