Second Skin Audio

getting one of my own to beat on today, so i dont have to hear the owners that i install them for whine when wanna tweak around with it.

basically getting it for somethin for me to mess with until my new mags are ready. guess i'll post some vids and a review after i get my own today.

I've heard plenty of them and didnt like them and it wasnt install error, but my gf listens to other stuff that i dont like so maybe it will be decent forher listening until after xmas.

well let us know how it sounds.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

i'll have 2 15's of the new mag the day they are released. I'm a SI and Sundown rep so i'll prob have the heads up so i can pay in advance. may keep this Q tili have them so i can do some drop in comparison testing.

so i installed the sub today. was pretty surprised overall fomr the diff of it and the TC 3000. and am almost sadened to say that it sounds better all around then the double the priced TC3000.

Box used was a 3.5 cube 32hz fully 45ed and figerglassed inside, box was made by Wkbdkid, i have no place to make boxes anymore.

anyhow on Hawaiian Music the sub was alot better where the TC lacked in the upper sub freqs of 50-60hz. At low volume the sub was alot more agressive sounding then the TC and made the Ziggy Marley cd i was playing sound alot better all around.

On Southern low bassline music, i liked the sound, it seemed a little to agressive at low volume but as the volume was raised the sub seemed to balance out (something i can fix with my front stage. I played Lil Boosie S&C zoom, sub stayed with the music pretty much tone for tone.

Next i tryed to stress the sub out a little, i turned the volume higher then my normal listening volume and left it there for a good 10 minutes. After about 5 minutes there was noticably a difference in the sound of the sub, as the Coil got warm it became a little muddy sounding. I kept it there for the remaining 5 minutes because it wasnt stinking up. I let it rest for about 25 minutes and went back on it for another 10 minutes at high colume and this time it seemed to be ok the duration of stressing it.

Pro:

In all honesty the sub seems great for the 280 that Fi charges for it and i would be pretty hard pressed to find another sub at its price that sounds the way it does.

Keeps up with fast beats and moderately long low tones.

Con:

I wouldnt recommend running much over RMS on it, I honestly feel i was able to bring the sub to its full capability on RMS, in todays market where peopel feel the need to overpower everything, i dont think this sub would be the sub for you.

I'm hoping that after some breeak in time that the low end starts to shine a little more

Comparisons with other 1000rms subs i would put it form first to last preference

Loudness

RE SX, Mag, Fi Q, TC 3000,

SQ:

Mag, Fi Q, TC 3000, Re SX

later in the week i'll get more listens wiht more metal rock and Techno so i'll update this post then

Edited by Accordman