He's ur friend, tell him bring some beer, and a piza or just beer, and let's kick it talk shit and get to work

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Maybe I over stepped things by saying a "friend" I mean I know him but not like that. I have already done some work on his car for him and he is pretty cool. But when it comes to car audio, I have found that even for friends, the second you start working for free or dirt cheap...they will be at your door using up all your time every chance they can. I appreciate the feed back tho guys, $40 and some beer sounds good to me.

While your looking... can anyone help me with my other question My link

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

friends shouldnt make friends pay for labor like everyone else says get some food and beer or buds and chill and do the job. id never charge family or a friend to do any kinda work that doesnt cost me money just time.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

LOL I know how you feel. I'm 6' 3", 250... so a Civic is not a fun place to be. :D

If I'm expected to remove panels, clean, and reinstall panels, it's an hourly rate of $30 an hour.

If all I have to do is install the product(s), $20 an hour.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Friends shouldn't make friends pay for labor? Lol, run a business, meet your overhang, and make enough to support yourself, and see if you'll still charge nothing for labor. Here's my point, if you don't charge anything, its probably because you're not good enough to charge for it. My time is money, and the closer a friend is to me, the more I discount. But rarely will I charge $0 labor for anything an hour or more.

I say $40 is perfect to charge. Especially if you do good work.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Go with $100 and drop your friend a discount of $25 to get your $75. Even if he was to say no, it's not worth your blood, sweat, and tears to do that job for $40. If he goes to a shop, they would charge at least $300 for labor. Friends are good to have, but let's be realistic here!

It should take you 3 hours max, hence $25 an hour. If he is your buddy he would buy you lunch also! What is your free time worth to you?

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

Go with $100 and drop your friend a discount of $25 to get your $75. Even if he was to say no, it's not worth your blood, sweat, and tears to do that job for $40. If he goes to a shop, they would charge at least $300 for labor. Friends are good to have, but let's be realistic here!

It should take you 3 hours max, hence $25 an hour. If he is your buddy he would buy you lunch also! What is your free time worth to you?

honestly, I really dont think a shop would charge 300 bucks just in labor for a trunk....maybe a shop that really wanted to rip someone off...this also would depend on whether or not your just using deadening mat, or going with the whole 9 (foaming and such)

if your using the term friend loosely, like you said, 40 bucks and some beer sounds good to me.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I just put a good 70sq feeet of deadener in a trunk of a chrager, still got to foam it yet, but he is helping and learning Im not charging him anything for audio work I do for him, but he is usually good about taking you outta town to a nice restaurant afterwords

I think so too. Like I said, not trying to get rich but I'm not working for nothing

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.