Metered for the first time...

Hey all, well I just got metered for the first time, and the reason Im making this post is to know if my number was decent, I feel I should be hitting higher with a Sc DD3515 on a DC2k.

Got a 139.8 on music

Got a 140.6 outlaw at 54hz

Got a 141.5 legal at 44hz

Box is 4.5ft^3 tuned to 35hz with about 15.8in^2 port for daily driving, and built pretty badly. Currently building a box designed by Fecupe, so well see if that yields higher numbers... Just want to know if this is decent for the equipment I'm running and first time on the meter... Thanks :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

with a better box it should get louder and on a lower frequency if done right thats close to what my 12 on 1200 watts was doing and mine was at 32hz peak...

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

Hey all, well I just got metered for the first time, and the reason Im making this post is to know if my number was decent, I feel I should be hitting higher with a Sc DD3515 on a DC2k.

Got a 139.8 on music

Got a 140.6 outlaw at 54hz

Got a 141.5 legal at 44hz

Box is 4.5ft^3 tuned to 35hz with about 15.8in^2 port for daily driving, and built pretty badly. Currently building a box designed by Fecupe, so well see if that yields higher numbers... Just want to know if this is decent for the equipment I'm running and first time on the meter... Thanks :)

Vehicle plays a big role, and enclosure.

My last setup was a 18" fi bl with a saz1500d, i only managed to pull off a 143 @40hz at headrest with passenger door open. Vehicle used wasn't good for holding in pressure (jeep wrangler) and my box had some terrible panel flex.

sighl.jpg

Yeah my box wasn't made to take 2000w of power, I built it for my old 200w setup lol. Hopefully I'll get it louder with a new box, going to brace this one pretty good, tune it to 36hz and have a bit over 17sqin of port. Will also experiment with seat postitioning and the like. I also have no deadening and get crazy flex, so will probably buy some deadner very soon.

Edited by Supercharged DDs

dude you should be able to get louder. thats around the same numbers i got when i metered mine in music(142 i believe). i got MT 18 with a hifonics brutus 2k, but in a 8ft cu box

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Yeah my box wasn't made to take 2000w of power, I built it for my old 200w setup lol. Hopefully I'll get it louder with a new box, going to brace this one pretty good, tune it to 36hz and have a bit over 17sqin of port. Will also experiment with seat postitioning and the like. I also have no deadening and get crazy flex, so will probably buy some deadner very soon.

Deadener may help your score, but it may very well hurt your score. If your serious about getting higher numbers, bracing will help eliminate flex and maintain that pressure inside the vehicle.

sighl.jpg

I'm sure I should be getting louder, I was disappointed with the number (still love the outcome of the build) and will be working on getting higher before I hit up any competitions.

Outlaw was in the kick, my local dealer was surprised I metered 10hz lower and a bit louder legal, is there a reason why he would be surprised?

More port

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.