OrionStang Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 So most brands/stations have a 10% mixture of Ethanol in their gas. Ethanol only has 70% the energy of gasoline, so theoretically, the Ethanol robs you of 3% mpg's. I never really paid attention to this, but now I want to know if there are any stations that sell non-ethanol fuel. I get 8.5-9mpg in the city, so at $4.60 a gallon that 3% would be nice. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Berto Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 No station in the Bakersfield/Delano that I know of has ethanol. And E85 is more that $1 cheaper than regular gas at a station around Visalia. TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
Superjay Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 no. between march and october ALL stations in CA have ethanol added...it lowers emissions. what they fail to realize is that it also lowers mileage so you're still polluting just as much Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
OrionStang Posted May 10, 2011 Author Report Posted May 10, 2011 no. between march and october ALL stations in CA have ethanol added...it lowers emissions. what they fail to realize is that it also lowers mileage so you're still polluting just as much Thats what I figured. Lowers mileage and performance. So is 91 still 91 if it is 10% ethanol? Might need to change my tune, off to the dyno. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
rusty959 Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 If you tune for it you will actually increase performance. Ethanol has a higher octane so you can bump up timing and such. What do you have done that you are getting under 10 mpg? 2013 Subaru BRZ12" Orion HCCA on AQ 22001967 mustang restoration project: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110765-mustang-restoration-build-2011-edition/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therusty959
OrionStang Posted May 10, 2011 Author Report Posted May 10, 2011 If you tune for it you will actually increase performance. Ethanol has a higher octane so you can bump up timing and such. What do you have done that you are getting under 10 mpg? Only throttle body, intake manifold, x-pipe and a very aggressive tune. I get over 20mpg on the freeway at 100mph(cruise control), but around town, forget about it. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Blue Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 I hope you still have a military sticker on your car. If you dont, that ticket is not going to be cheap. I just got a 15 over, and i hope its not too much. lol formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
fox_racin4 Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 If you tune for it you will actually increase performance. Ethanol has a higher octane so you can bump up timing and such. What do you have done that you are getting under 10 mpg? which will help with higher compression engines 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
SR20DAZE Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 No station in the Bakersfield/Delano that I know of has ethanol. And E85 is more that $1 cheaper than regular gas at a station around Visalia. its not viselia its the enterance of tulare, north headed south. my friend takes his evo there weekely since it runs on it, sucks there isnt more of these Hahah damn cody She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch. you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf box: 4 cubes at 38 hz amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life 140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q) Build Log http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/ Feedback http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/
korey_hofer Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 I build a ''go fast'' car I will be doing an e85 tune ethanol is alcohol, alcohol burns cleaner and makes more power, that is why you see methanol cars and other alcohol based drag cars previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.