Sonic Electronix

My friend has a 95 blazer.. and occasionally there is ticking noise in the tweeters and sometimes the mids pop even when the rcas are unplugged doesn't do it when car is off ...

we had 4 gauge power and ground we switched amps (didn't do it in car it came from) still did it..

changed ground to 0 gauge still does it.. ran speaker wires to different speakers still did it...

changed coil, plugs, alternator, plug wires.. Any idea's also had 2 different ground spots cargo tie down bolt and backseat cover body bolt... any idea's..

Why would changing coils, spark plugs, or spark plug wires affect it?........

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

cause if its a bad coil, wires, it can cause noise in the system.... Well did a frame ground now a little whine not much so far no ticking we will see when he drives home

Edited by CstrokerV

Its a bomb. Run

:rofl:

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

maybe theres something wrong with the tweeters ?

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

i installed a set of PPI tweeters with high pass passive crossover in the factory tweeter location in a dodge charger a few years ago. With the wires not connected to an amp, if the car was running, you could hear a ticking noise coming through only the right tweeter. The coils in a crossover can accept interference sometimes, it is rare, but it can happen. Anyone out there ever run into this?

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

I hooked the amp up to my second battery in the back of the blazer and the sound ticking sound went away. when i hooked the power wire from the front battery to the back the sound came back when the car was running. so, i am gonna assume that is where it is comming from lol, just don't really know how to go about fixing the problem atm. what would be causing sound to come back through the power wire? i have a new alternator because the old one died. and this amp is just to my mids and highs.

oh, and btw, the sound isn't just comming from the tweeters, it is also comming from the other speakers as well.

Edited by Nezzumi