Mixing lead acid and agm batts

Y did u put ur batteries on the concrete!!???? I'm not trying to bbe a jackass but what are u thinking......15 min and any battery will be dead laying on the concrete no offence but what are u thinking???? I hate when I see perfectly good batteries like that.... in 7 min and 30sec ur batts are halfway to being dead, about how long it took u to take that pic :(

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

??? im pretty sure ive had batteries on concrete for months and they were still charged and good.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Lead acid batteries will loose power because the electrons can transfer energy through the plastic to the concrete, i don't remember the exact deff ill look it up.......this is what they teach in every automotive school and at all dealerships....

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Y did u put ur batteries on the concrete!!???? I'm not trying to bbe a jackass but what are u thinking......15 min and any battery will be dead laying on the concrete no offence but what are u thinking???? I hate when I see perfectly good batteries like that.... in 7 min and 30sec ur batts are halfway to being dead, about how long it took u to take that pic :(

Nah... Not putting batteries on the concrete is for storing them... like for an extended period or over the winter... :nea:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Agm is a battery technology from this part of the century, batteries haven't discharged from sitting on concrete since the 1950's haha

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

batteries drain on concrete for some reason, but not when placed on metal in your car.... hmmmmmmmmm................ sensing a bit of hypocrisy there.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

An A for effort I guess, instead of looking like a jackass you just look like.....just stating.

Will a battery be damaged or discharged by letting it sit on concrete? NO, it won't. Many people believe that concrete is a battery enemy because years ago, batteries could have been electrically discharged by sitting on a concrete floor. The myth that concrete drains batteries started from old and outdated battery technology. Originally, wooden battery cases encased a glass jar with the battery inside, and any moisture on the floor could cause the wood to swell, possibly fracturing the glass, causing it to leak. Then came these hard rubber cases, which were somewhat porous and had a high-carbon content. An electrical current could be conducted through this container if the moist concrete floor permitted the current to find an electrical ground. The statement used to be true and sound advice, but it doesn't apply towards today’s batteries and its technology.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I have a bunch of those big old glass battery jars.. they're awesome lol :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived