Mixing lead acid and agm batts

i used to have them lying around for shits and giggles and then i think someone stole them. and when i finally realized i havent seen them in awhile i didnt really care, lol. post some pics so others can see what they were talking about but didnt know, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Batteries draining on concrete? Haha. I forgot electrons flowed through the NON-conductive plastic to the NON-conductive floor. :noob:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

• 1 year later...

:lol2:

That was funny my dumbass really said that too bad u can't tell scarcasm on the 7 min and 30 sec part

But newer batteries cases are better and just slow the rate of discharge exponentially, plastic has come a long way in 10 years

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

so from reading this ....

i have a DB drive pd 2000.1 it does rated power...

if i throw 2 DEKA 9a34 in the back with a durlast gold top ( non agm ) ill be fine

after the research i have done about this, from my understanding i still gather that 50% of the people are ok with it and the other 50% are not.

for my build i am running an interstate flooded up front, and am going to install a battery isolator in series with the rear batteries (2-9a34m). from what i understand the batteries will all charge the @ the same rate but they will discharge all so differently. sorry if i have confused, but I have decided to use both agm and flooded batteries and just keep them isolated from eachother when not charging

oh my setup is for a aq3500.1 and a shitty no name amp for my highs. the dekkas are soely for the 3500 and my highs are actually ran off of the flooded main battery

so from reading this ....

i have a DB drive pd 2000.1 it does rated power...

if i throw 2 DEKA 9a34 in the back with a durlast gold top ( non agm ) ill be fine

after the research i have done about this, from my understanding i still gather that 50% of the people are ok with it and the other 50% are not.

for my build i am running an interstate flooded up front, and am going to install a battery isolator in series with the rear batteries (2-9a34m). from what i understand the batteries will all charge the @ the same rate but they will discharge all so differently. sorry if i have confused, but I have decided to use both agm and flooded batteries and just keep them isolated from eachother when not charging

oh my setup is for a aq3500.1 and a shitty no name amp for my highs. the dekkas are soely for the 3500 and my highs are actually ran off of the flooded main battery

DO NOT wire your batteries in series. You need to wire them in parallel. All positives together and all negatives together.

Archived